Windows 10: Preparing to donate old computer

Discus and support Preparing to donate old computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a new computer and want to know if I clean delete all personal information from the older one, will it have any impact on the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JenniferJackson6, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Preparing to donate old computer

I have purchased a new computer and want to know if I clean delete all personal information from the older one, will it have any impact on the new computer?

:)

JenniferJackson6, Feb 20, 2021
  2. caperjack Win User

Prep for Donating My Computer

If you did real sensitive stuff, like banking and other very important things with your computer, then I suggest you take the hdd out and smash it up ,donate it with out the hdd...100% safest way

caperjack, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 20, 2021
  4. AdamMull Win User

Preparing to donate old computer

Donated Computer

A Friend Gave me an HP desktop with windows 7 professional on it. It was donated and she didn't need it anymore she got a laptop. The company that donates this computer provided the login credentials, the issue is you can log in but everything is blocked
    by the administrator and you can't do anything. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

AdamMull, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Preparing to donate old computer

1. Preparing to donate old computer - Similar Threads - Preparing donate old

2. donate device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    donate device: What should I do because I want to donate this laptop to charity but I don't want them to steal my personal information of my business which is confidential. What is the confidential-est way to do this and how? I am not good with tech so you will have to run me through...
  3. Donating/Selling Computer & Microsoft Store Library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Donating/Selling Computer & Microsoft Store Library: After a clean install or any of the methods Microsoft has to clean the HDD and reinstall Windows the Microsoft Store My Library always shows all the previous Apps that were pre-installed by Microsoft and Apps I personally used and or tried ,sure they can be hidden but also...
  4. Donations: Is it possible to donate to Tenforums?

in Windows 10 Support
    Donations: Is it possible to donate to Tenforums?: Hi all, This community has become a very important and integral part of my life. Knowing this, I feel like making a donation would be the right thing to do. I've asked this in the past, but I thought things may have changed. Thank you. 166524
  5. Local Account for Computer to be Donated or Sold

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account for Computer to be Donated or Sold: I have an old PC on which I have installed a fresh copy of the latest Windows 10 (Version 2004 OS Build 19041.450) while connected to my Microsoft account, and I have run a utility to securely erase all unused space on the disk. I plan to donate or sell the PC, and I...
  6. Donating PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Donating PC: I plan to give away my PC, but want to remove all personal data before ding so, including the connection to OneDrive. Best way to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/donating-pc/118d7f87-1257-4007-8cb9-e9dc5d229bec
  7. Need help prepping old computer for donation

Need help prepping old computer for donation: I have an old Gateway MT6707 laptop. It started life with Windows Vista. It's been through every new version of Windows, to include Windows 10 Home. Microsoft surprised me by installing it overnight back when they were giving it away. A couple of years ago, I gave it a new...
  8. Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated.

Delete contents of Word and Excel so computer can be donated.: My father passed away and has an HP TouchSmart computer. He was almost blind and the computer was very helpful for him. I want to donate it to The University of Colorado Anshutz Vision Center so someone can benefit from it. I watched numerous Utube videos on how to erase the...
  9. Preparing an old PC to be given away

Preparing an old PC to be given away: I have an old Sony Viao AIO computer that I need to clean before giving it away. Originally it ran Win 7 then upgraded to 8.1 then finally to latest version of Windows 10. If I do a windows reset with option to remove everything and clean the drive, would it restore to latest...
  10. Prep for Donating My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Prep for Donating My Computer: What can I do to protect myself before donating my computer? *Smile 48195