Windows 10: Preparing Windows stuck!

Discus and support Preparing Windows stuck! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to change my language in Windows 10 to english. I downloaded packages and when I switched language I had to reboot pc. Now it was like 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlaTrix03, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Preparing Windows stuck!

Hi, I wanted to change my language in Windows 10 to english. I downloaded packages and when I switched language I had to reboot pc.

Now it was like 30 minutes ago and I'm stuck on "Preparing Windows. Don't turn off your computer" page.

What should I do? I don't want to lose my personal data. Please help

submitted by /u/FlaTrix03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlaTrix03, Nov 20, 2020

2. Computer Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows

Hi Reegan,

Your concern regarding the stuck on preparing to configure screen in Windows can be due to changes on your device configuration/settings or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build and version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and run a check health (DISM) command to rule out any issues related to corrupted system files which may prevent your device from starting properly.
    To do this, you can follow the steps on this Forum Article created by
    community MVP ZigZag3143.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 20, 2020
  3. My HP laptop is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair has been for many hours

Hello Sarah,

I'd like to verify if you're computer is still stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair state. If not, I'd suggest to perform the steps below:

1. Force shutdown your laptop, check first if your computer will boot normally. If not, after your computer restarts several times. you'll see the Windows 10 Boot Options menu.

2. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.

3. Choose Command Prompt, copy and paste the commands below and press Enter the after each line:

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Preparing Windows stuck!

Win 10 stuck at preparing automatic repair

Hi,

This issue can be caused by system files corruption.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• On which version of Windows 10 is your device running?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Do you have an installation media for Windows 10 (DVD or USB)?

In the meantime, try performing the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Nyima Yonten
    on this
    thread
    which was found similar and helpful in resolving the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Preparing Windows stuck!

1. Preparing Windows stuck! - Similar Threads - Preparing stuck

2. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...: My laptop has been stuck of the configuring windows loading screen for the past half an hour and I genuinely do not know what to do. I have so much work to get done and don't have the time to wait for it to finally restart if it even does restart that is....
  3. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...: My laptop has been stuck of the configuring windows loading screen for the past half an hour and I genuinely do not know what to do. I have so much work to get done and don't have the time to wait for it to finally restart if it even does restart that is....
  4. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my computer is stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is stuck on preparing automatic repair: i have a hpcomputer and it will not stop going to the blue screen just need some assistance please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-preparing-automatic-repair/a89d2788-1b62-4e67-beb3-463e69a1c29f
  6. my computer is stuck on preparing automatic repair

my computer is stuck on preparing automatic repair: i have a hpcomputer and it will not stop going to the blue screen just need some assistance please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-preparing-automatic-repair/a89d2788-1b62-4e67-beb3-463e69a1c29f
  7. My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop: I guess I should at start from the beginning I purchased a CPU online with a os system, I purchased a 1tb. hard drive with windows 10 os, installed windows 10 booted fine I was online for about 5 minutes when I was in the process of syncing my password over to microsoft when...
  8. My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop

My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop: I guess I should at start from the beginning I purchased a CPU online with a os system, I purchased a 1tb. hard drive with windows 10 os, installed windows 10 booted fine I was online for about 5 minutes when I was in the process of syncing my password over to microsoft when...
  9. My Computer is stuck in "preparing For Automatic Repair" loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. One Drive stuck in "Preparing to upload" loop.

One Drive stuck in "Preparing to upload" loop.: One Drive is stuck in the "Preparing to upload" loop. Tried everything - install uninstall turn on turn off able/disable the service. Read through a lot of forums for solutions. Noting. Preparing to upload. This si for Win 11. On win 10 no problem. After 10+ years of Win it...