Windows 10: Presence of always useless and misleading links in Event Viewer entry details - "Event Log...

Discus and support Presence of always useless and misleading links in Event Viewer entry details - "Event Log... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's very frustrating an annoying that the Windows 10 Event Viewer still provides a link titled "Event Log Online Help" that has, for a very long time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by breinersj, Jan 22, 2021.

1. breinersj Win User

Presence of always useless and misleading links in Event Viewer entry details - "Event Log...

It's very frustrating an annoying that the Windows 10 Event Viewer still provides a link titled "Event Log Online Help" that has, for a very long time, pointed absolutely nowhere related to "Event Log Online Help"! Is there no one at Microsoft embarrassed by such a ridiculous and long-lasting problem? How about providing a replacement DLL since I couldn't find that string using the Registry Editor that changes the offending link's text to "Useless and purposeless link?"

At least such a change would likely disabuse users of the false hope that the link might provide any useful information.

Better yet, remove the link altogether as long as it points nowhere.

Even better yet, how's about pointing the link to what must surely be a database somewhere, anywhere within Microsoft that actually has information about Event Log specifics?

Can somebody at Microsoft please, please address this issue?

SJB

:)

breinersj, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Event Viewer

Can someone please explain to me what is the purpose of event viewer in Win 10? I mean, i know what its purpose is. But what i can't understand is why is it that whenever i click on that link "event log online help" for ANY event, instead of getting TechNet
    page with event description, all i get is MS front page where they try to sell me some products? Makes event viewer completely useless.

DrazenPastuovic, Jan 22, 2021
  4. spike47 Win User

Presence of always useless and misleading links in Event Viewer entry details - "Event Log...

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Presence of always useless and misleading links in Event Viewer entry details - "Event Log... - Similar Threads - Presence always useless

2. New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer: I've discovered that starting from the 29th of November, there is a new kind of event in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Windows Defender > OperationalEvent 5007 is nothing new, that's like the most standard event you'll find in there, but the contents of some of...
  3. New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer: I've discovered that starting from the 29th of November, there is a new kind of event in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Windows Defender > OperationalEvent 5007 is nothing new, that's like the most standard event you'll find in there, but the contents of some of...
  4. New Event Details in "Windows Defender > Operational" Log Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event viewer entries: Am receiving entries in event viewer, which leave me confused.USBIEUpdate not working. Microsoft update says all ok.Dell Support Assist shows now problems.USB ports are working, as I am able to do back up to external hard drive.Device manager says USB drives are up to...
  6. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer entries: Am receiving entries in event viewer, which leave me confused.USBIEUpdate not working. Microsoft update says all ok.Dell Support Assist shows now problems.USB ports are working, as I am able to do back up to external hard drive.Device manager says USB drives are up to...
  7. Event viewer entries

8. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer entry: Can someone please tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-entry/db9ad763-b58d-4c2c-914a-1111a4f7ad96
  9. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer entry: Can someone please tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-entry/db9ad763-b58d-4c2c-914a-1111a4f7ad96
  10. Event Viewer entry