Windows 10: Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender

Discus and support Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I installed the Nicehash Miner from Github. Now the Windows defender says it found a virus called Presenoker. I have read, that when you download... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilippWagner4, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender

So I installed the Nicehash Miner from Github. Now the Windows defender says it found a virus called Presenoker.
    I have read, that when you download something from Github, the windows defender can be triggered by some of the files github installs.

Is that true?

:)

PhilippWagner4, Jan 25, 2021

2. Remove Win 32/Presenoker

Hi

My Windows Defender had detected Win 32/Presenoker in Torch browser. Though the app has been uninstalled, Defender continues to identify the presence of Win 32/Presenoker. The defender directs me to a file path and point to a file TourchSetup.exe that does
    not exist. I tried running Malwarebytes but it did not identify presence of any PUA file. On searching through me internet, I notice that many users had same problem and they had to delete certain registry entry to get rid of the same. Can someone suggest
    me how to remove the presence of Win 32/Presenoker from my system.

I use Windows 10 Home Version 2004

NishanthNoble, Jan 25, 2021
  3. PRESENOKER

Hi! I think I have a virus on my computer. Windows Defender keeps saying it's a threat to my system. I've checked in the internet and most posts says it's quite dangerous. I might have gotten it from uTorrent but I am really not sure. Should I be worried?

The instructions I'm planning to follow is this:

Remove PUA:WIN32/PRESENOKER From Computer: Easy Steps – Malware Board

Please advise. Thanks!

marcusmarley12, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender

Remove Win 32/Presenoker

Sounds like the malware problem has been handled.

Suggest you see Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly which
    might address the issue you are seeing.

GlenProuty identified and provided a work-around for this issue in June but we have not heard
    when Microsoft is going to fix it.

Regards...

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender

1. Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Presenoker Virus detected

2. Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs after repeated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs after repeated...: Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs in protection history after repeated removals - are these real threats or just false protection history information?...
  3. Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs after repeated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs after repeated...: Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs in protection history after repeated removals - are these real threats or just false protection history information?...
  4. fix windows defender detecting nvwgf2umx.dll as virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix windows defender detecting nvwgf2umx.dll as virus?: Since yesterday, windows defender has alerted me with a threat found.this threat is in: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvacig.inf_amd64_20170d282843d8a7\nvwgf2umx.dlland is detected as a Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlafter searching online this file seems to be...
  5. fix windows defender detecting nvwgf2umx.dll as virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix windows defender detecting nvwgf2umx.dll as virus?: Since yesterday, windows defender has alerted me with a threat found.this threat is in: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvacig.inf_amd64_20170d282843d8a7\nvwgf2umx.dlland is detected as a Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlafter searching online this file seems to be...
  6. Windows security detected PUA:Win32/Presenoker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security detected PUA:Win32/Presenoker: not sure how to fix it and every time I open my computer a big blue tab opens up that's blank but says "windows shell" or something along the lines...
  7. Presenoker Trojan Horse Virus

Presenoker Trojan Horse Virus: On my computer I kept getting Presenoker popping up on my Windows Defender. I tried removing it through c drive various times but it didn’t work. Is there any way to remove it without having to reset my pc?...
  8. Virus Detected by Windows Defender

Virus Detected by Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I have the same virus detected by my windows defender was detected 50 minutes ago. I don't own any of the apps you have installed that might have caused it but that happened to me. I own a Surface Pro 6, i don't know what to do so please help me....
  9. Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader

Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader: Hey, My windows defender has started detecting a virus named 'Trojandownloader:JS/Fakepack' since yesterday. And its detecting every time I turn on to my laptop. So I just started a full scan for my system. All the files were scanned in a duration of 1 hour but 3 files were...
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"