Windows 10: Present programs from the taskbar

Discus and support Present programs from the taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i open google chrome with other apps, if i am using google chrome and i want to open another program from the taskbar, it will not open . I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/qais18, Jul 26, 2020.

1. /u/qais18 Win User

Present programs from the taskbar

When i open google chrome with other apps, if i am using google chrome and i want to open another program from the taskbar, it will not open . I have to minimize google chrome every time. Any solution?

submitted by /u/qais18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/qais18, Jul 26, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Remove (open) programs from taskbar

I'd just get a program called Ultramon. It puts a second taskbar on the second monitor, so if you have something up and running on the second monitor at all times it is displayed on that taskbar. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does solve the problem of wasted taskbar space.

newtekie1, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Remove (open) programs from taskbar

Hey all!

Ok, so some programs I have running all the time, like Spotify and Outlook. They are actually pretty much open all the time as I finally got around to plug in the second monitor. So it feels like a waste of taskbar space to actually have them be there, especially as I have them ready at hand in the notification area.

It seems almost no programs can do this on their own, so does anyone know of anyway that this can be done?

Thanks for looking!

/Frick

EDIT: I know Outlook since 2003 have the option to "Hide when minimized", and that's good and all, but it's still in the taskbar when it's up and running.

Frick, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Present programs from the taskbar

program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Present programs from the taskbar

1. Present programs from the taskbar - Similar Threads - Present programs taskbar

2. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  3. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  4. Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

Programs Not Opening from Taskbar: I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up but just not to the main screen. I have tried right mouse clicking to choose Restore or Maximise and nothing happens. They...
  5. presentation display mode from taskbar

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    presentation display mode from taskbar: hello I have 2 monitors one is USB with no power button iv been using the "presentation display mode" thingy to turn it on/off as needed this thing Screenshot by Lightshot I had a button on my taskbar that I could trigger it with one click of the mouse but I just reinstalled...
  6. presentation display mode from taskbar

presentation display mode from taskbar: hello I have 2 monitors one is USB with no power button iv been using the "presentation display mode" thingy to turn it on/off as needed this thing Screenshot by Lightshot I had a button on my taskbar that I could trigger it with one click of the mouse but I just reinstalled...
  7. Programs dissappearimg from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs dissappearimg from the taskbar: So I installed the newest updates and now some programs stop appearing in the small arrow menu in the task bar. GeForce experience, Uplay, overwolf and asus gpu tweak are some of them. The nvidia control panel dissappeared completely, after reinstalling the drivers it...
  8. Program icons missing from Taskbar

Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  9. Programs not restoring from taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs not restoring from taskbar: I recently discovered this glitch after upgrading my Win 10 to v1803 b17134.165 certain programs refuse to restore after being minimised to the taskbar. They just flash up to the top left of the screen and disappear, but still remain tiled in the taskbar. When i hover the...
  10. Issue with selecting programs from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with selecting programs from taskbar: Hi Everyone, Honestly, this is driving me nuts, never seen this issue before. When I have multiple programs running on my computer (Word, Excel, Chrome, and Microsoft Mail (I know Yucky, but Outlook doesn't work with my work's email servers yet...)) the computer will...