Windows 10: presentation display mode from taskbar

Discus and support presentation display mode from taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello I have 2 monitors one is USB with no power button iv been using the "presentation display mode" thingy to turn it on/off as needed this thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amartin99, Apr 3, 2021.

1. amartin99 Win User

presentation display mode from taskbar

hello
    I have 2 monitors one is USB with no power button
    iv been using the "presentation display mode" thingy to turn it on/off as needed
    this thing Screenshot by Lightshot
    I had a button on my taskbar that I could trigger it with one click of the mouse
    but I just reinstalled windows after nearly a year and I can't remember how I got that button

- - - Updated - - -

the Icon looked a lot like this one Screenshot by Lightshot

:)

amartin99, Apr 3, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

explorer.exe will not run other than in safe mode

MS suggests:
    Once your PC is in Safe Mode, reinstall your display adapter driver.

• Type device manager into the search box on the taskbar, and then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click the display adapter and select Uninstall > OK.
    • Restart your PC.

dalchina, Apr 3, 2021
  3. windows 10 will not keep the display settings for presentation mode

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display and chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 3, 2021
  4. One Being Win User

windows 10 will not keep the display settings for presentation mode

Thanks for the reply. i had already tried updating the software under display adapters. Didn't work. At your suggestion I tried Dell's website and looked for All driver updates. There were none. I bought this laptop only a few months ago. Any more ideas?

One Being, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

1. presentation display mode from taskbar - Similar Threads - presentation display mode

2. Windows 11 Taskbar not presenting icons correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar not presenting icons correctly: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and when I added some application to the taskbar, its icons are not being displayed correctly.I have included google chrome, Filezilla, etc.Below are the image presented in the taskbar:...
  3. presentation display mode from taskbar

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    presentation display mode from taskbar: hello I have 2 monitors one is USB with no power button iv been using the "presentation display mode" thingy to turn it on/off as needed this thing Screenshot by Lightshot I had a button on my taskbar that I could trigger it with one click of the mouse but I just reinstalled...
  4. Present programs from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Present programs from the taskbar: When i open google chrome with other apps, if i am using google chrome and i want to open another program from the taskbar, it will not open . I have to minimize google chrome every time. Any solution? submitted by /u/qais18 [link] [comments]...
  5. Remove taskbar from specific display in three display setup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove taskbar from specific display in three display setup?: I have three monitors, two smaller ones stacked beside a larger display. Is they any way to have a taskbar on two of the three monitors? I want it so that the bottom of the two stacked ones has a taskbar while the top dose not. submitted by /u/NotYourDadOk [link]...
  6. A PC is presenting in Tablet Mode - I need to it to be in Desktop Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A PC is presenting in Tablet Mode - I need to it to be in Desktop Mode: I am helping a friend who has a PC working in Tablet Mode even though I have made all the correct configurations in Settings to make it work in Desktop Mode. Can anyone help me move forward with this situation to help me return this computer to Desktop Mode. In System I set...
  7. Exhibition auto display of presentations selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exhibition auto display of presentations selected: Not a very good question title - sorry! We have a number of static history displays in the local Priory which gets a lot of visitors. To augment this I want to set up a number of Powerpoint presentations about different historical aspects. That much is easy. The problem is...
  8. Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows How to Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode. While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays awake, system notifications are...
  9. Multiple display selection not present

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple display selection not present: Went from upgrade 10130 with both monitors in extended mode to a clean install of 10130. Multiple display selection is not present. Both monitors are in Mirror mode at the present. (both showing the same thing). Connected devices only show 1 monitor. Graphics is on the Mother...
  10. Display Switch - Change Presentation Mode to Project in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display Switch - Change Presentation Mode to Project in Windows 10: How to: Display Switch - Change Presentation Mode to Project in Windows 10 How to Change Presentation Mode to Project Display in Windows 10 Display Switch is used to change the presentation mode of the main display of your Windows 10 PC to project on either the PC...