Windows 10: Preserve jumplists from Windows 8

Discus and support Preserve jumplists from Windows 8 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone!! I'm planning to upgrade my Windows 8.1 tablet before July 29th *Biggrin. However, as i intensively use jumplists for work, I really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LoScrondo, May 22, 2016.

1. LoScrondo Win User

Preserve jumplists from Windows 8

Hi everyone!!

I'm planning to upgrade my Windows 8.1 tablet before July 29th *Biggrin. However, as i intensively use jumplists for work, I really need to preserve them, and to have them unmodified after the upgrade.

Someone has experiences about this question? Thanks in advice!

:)

LoScrondo, May 22, 2016
  2. Tarman72 Win User

how to keep W7 start menu pinned items when upgrading to W10

This does not help. I want to preserve jumplists, not only shortcuts to apps.

W7 ability to pin recent opened items in jumplists is the fastest way to access your most used stuff, is this feature discontinued in W10?

Tarman72, May 22, 2016
  3. gt999wa Win User
    Edge Jump list

I checked those settings as suggested and they are set properly. I have jumplists for other pinned Apps, like Word, Excel, File Explorer, etc. But no Jumplist for Edge. If I open a web page in IE from Edge, the running IE program has a working jumplist
    and I can launch other previously visited web sites (and they launch in IE) with no problem. Edge doesn't support a jumplist.

gt999wa, May 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 23, 2016
  5. LoScrondo Win User
    Thank you dalchina, that's what how I've backupped the two folders.
    Unfortunately I haven't a Win 10 machine at hand, so, could you say if in your system these locations exist?

LoScrondo, May 23, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    This seems to be so - I can't directly read the content, but the locations are there.

dalchina, May 23, 2016
  7. LoScrondo Win User
    Ok, that's great..I'll just wait for a second confirmation to mark this thread as "Solved"*Smile

LoScrondo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Preserve jumplists from Windows 8 - Similar Threads - Preserve jumplists

2. Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account: Hello, My dad has been playing microsoft solitaire for quite a while, but has never signed in. He has reached level 1400 as a guest, but now his computer is starting to slow down. He is worried that if he gets a new computer that he will lose all of his progress. Is there a...
  3. Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account: Hello, My dad has been playing microsoft solitaire for quite a while, but has never signed in. He has reached level 1400 as a guest, but now his computer is starting to slow down. He is worried that if he gets a new computer that he will lose all of his progress. Is there a...
  4. How can I upgrade to Windows 11 while keeping Win 10 pro ui and layout preserve everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade to Windows 11 while keeping Win 10 pro ui and layout preserve everything: I don't know if this is possible but it should be. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-while-keeping-win/5f7781e6-fab6-48d0-9dc6-302c1a95a4c2
  5. How can I upgrade to Windows 11 while keeping Win 10 pro ui and layout preserve everything

How can I upgrade to Windows 11 while keeping Win 10 pro ui and layout preserve everything: I don't know if this is possible but it should be. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-while-keeping-win/5f7781e6-fab6-48d0-9dc6-302c1a95a4c2
  6. How can I upgrade to Windows 11 while keeping Win 10 pro ui and layout preserve everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10: Hello when I use robocopy to copy a folder on windows 10, the date accessed isnt preserved. The full code is robocopy “source” “destination/source” /dcopy:DAT /A-:SHAR /XF *this is supposed to copy just the parent folder source/ and preserve the source folder timestamp but...
  8. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10: Hello when I use robocopy to copy a folder on windows 10, the date accessed isnt preserved. The full code is robocopy “source” “destination/source” /dcopy:DAT /A-:SHAR /XF *this is supposed to copy just the parent folder source/ and preserve the source folder timestamp but...
  9. Folder timestamp is not preserved during copy on win 10

10. Preserving original Windows 10 photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preserving original Windows 10 photo app: Hi - I was fortunate to have one Windows 10 laptop offline when the very good original photo app was blitzed by the new and worthless revamp in an update. I hoped installing the "legacy" version would be the solution but it isn't and is not a significant improvement on the...