Windows 10: preserving two-screen display layout

Discus and support preserving two-screen display layout in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since the last update of Windows 10, my monitors no longer come back from power save with the same layout they had. Everything crowds onto the primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hhill1, Feb 1, 2019.

1. hhill1 Win User

preserving two-screen display layout

Since the last update of Windows 10, my monitors no longer come back from power save with the same layout they had. Everything crowds onto the primary (Screen 1). What a PITA it is to move all the second screen windows back to where they belong every time I leave the desk for 15 minutes. Any advice?

:)

hhill1, Feb 1, 2019

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 1, 2019
  3. keyboard layout screen sticking

Hi William,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart
      from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue doesn't get resolved, use these steps:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart
        at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>
        Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.

• If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the updated status and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Kari, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. preserving two-screen display layout - Similar Threads - preserving screen display

2. Multiple display of two desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  3. Multiple display of two desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  4. Two screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two screen display: I am using a Laptop with a 2nd screen. For some reason my 2nd screen is now only showing the taskbar and nothing on the desktop. I have not changed any settings. Additionally my mouse pointer keeps disappearing, I am not sure if this is connected....
  5. two keyboards four layouts

two keyboards four layouts: Why on earth do I have 4 keyboards when I've only setup 2 in the language preferences? No matter how many times I remove or add or alter a keyboard, it always shows ENG US, ENG UK, BG PHO and BG TRADITIONAL my 1st languge. Can I have the recipe to change this? I only need ENG...
  6. Resizing a display in the layout

Resizing a display in the layout: I need help resizing the screen. My main Laptop is 4k and the screen attached is 1650 x 1050. Is there any way to, while maintaining their current resolutions, make it so the second monitor is as big as the first in the layout so that when I move my mouse through say the top...
  7. Screen display layout

Screen display layout: My buttons typically along the bottom of my screen have relocated to the right side of the screen. How do I switch them back? KC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-display-layout/0a99adc6-7255-44b0-b779-b956b0acdf70
  8. Preserve or not the two versions of EDGE?

in Browsers and Email
    Preserve or not the two versions of EDGE?: In an previous thread, I say that I've adopted the new Edge Chromium based inmediatelly. But I'm asking you all: The previous Edge can to live joint with the New?It's a good idea uninstall the previous? When I close the new, always are in the Task Manger between 2 to 5...
  9. How to preserve the default Start Menu layout when customizing image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to preserve the default Start Menu layout when customizing image?: I installed the current version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v1809 updated to build 17763.134) in a virtual machine with an autounattend.xml script booting into Audit Mode after first reboot to customize the image! I then installed all the updates for Windows and Modern Apps...
  10. Hololens Microsoft Layout (Preview) Bug : Opening Layout screen always displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hololens Microsoft Layout (Preview) Bug : Opening Layout screen always displayed: Hello I am using a Hololens set up with Windows Insider to test the japanese language of hololens windows 10. I have downloaded the Microsoft Layout Preview for testing and when I launch the application, a pop-up called Opening Layout is displayed and does not disappear,...