Windows 10: Presonus Firepod won't play windows media player audio

Discus and support Presonus Firepod won't play windows media player audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just installed windows 10. I can still use my recording program with my Firepod, but it absolutely refuses to play any system audio. I try to play test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lifespiker, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Presonus Firepod won't play windows media player audio

Just installed windows 10. I can still use my recording program with my Firepod, but it absolutely refuses to play any system audio. I try to play test tones and it says "failed to play tone!" or something to that effect. No amount of setting changes/driver updates seem to help much. Any advice?

:)

Lifespiker, Sep 17, 2015

2. .NET Framework 3.5

I tried re-installing my audio player, but I get the same result (it won't play). And I still can't get Windows Media Player to work (I get the error "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." every time). And for some reason
    now YouTube will play videos, just without any audio. I'm so confused! Any other suggestions?

AaronKrerowicz, Sep 17, 2015
  3. SteveG47 Win User
    Surface Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 and watching a DVD on a flash drive

So far my Windows Media Player has been able to play both video and audio on mp4, avi, and mkv formats. Something may be wrong with your WMP.

SteveG47, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Presonus Firepod won't play windows media player audio

1. Presonus Firepod won't play windows media player audio - Similar Threads - Presonus Firepod won't

2. Media Player won't play avi files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  3. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  4. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  5. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  7. Media player won't play songs

Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  8. windows media player won't play wmv files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player won't play wmv files: windows media player won't play wmv files. I get audio only but no video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-wont-play-wmv-files/cab62b98-f361-4f39-883d-74cda82695bd
  9. Windows Media Player won't play CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player won't play CDs: Every time I burn a cd it pends in a second, but every time it does that I would play the burned cd and it would play nothing. Why does this happen? ***Original title: Windows Media Player***...
  10. VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD

VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD: So I am going to tell you about this, when I was trying to open a DVD on a third-party media player, it doesn't play. I tried VLC, but it doesn't play without an error, while I tried it on 5KPlayer, but it has the same issue as VLC, then, I tried it on MPC-HC, but it said...