Windows 10: "Press any key to boot from CD" does NOT work

Discus and support "Press any key to boot from CD" does NOT work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today I created a recovery disk for EaseUS todo and when I went to check it, I could NOT get it to boot. I was able to get to the window that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Jan 25, 2020.

1. huffman Win User

"Press any key to boot from CD" does NOT work

Today I created a recovery disk for EaseUS todo and when I went to check it, I could NOT get it to boot.

I was able to get to the window that says "Press any key to boot from a CD/DVD". Nothing happens. I even checked it with the DVD that was used to install Windows 10, with the same results.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this issue.

:)

huffman, Jan 25, 2020
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you facing this issue while installing Windows 10?

May I know the make and the model number of the system?

Method:

1. I suggest you unplug all the unnecessary hardware during the installation of Windows 10.
    2. Also ensure that the system meets the

requirement to install Windows 10
    3. If you are facing this issue while installing Windows 10, I suggest you not to hit any key when the system reboots and ask you to
      Press any key to boot from DVD/USB, hitting the key will start the installation process all over again.

You can go through the video on
    How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if this helps you with the issue.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Pinchy Win User

Formating Harddrive

What you have to do:

1. Make sure your CD-ROM is set to first boot device, before the hard drive.
    2. Put in the recovery CD and start your comp up.
    3. When it says "Press any key to boot from disk" press a key.
    4. Follow the instructions. Im going to format a comp sometime within the next 2 hours, so i'll post step by step if you need it.

Im pretty sure the recovery CD's work the same as the Windows CD. It all depends on the actual CD, but generally they do.

Pinchy, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. "Press any key to boot from CD" does NOT work - Similar Threads - Press key boot

2. no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine.: Hi, 6/7 Months ago, My HDD was broken. It was unable to boot into the system obviously, but recently I've got a new HDD. And replaced the broken one with the new one. I then tried to boot it up, but it says"no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine." most of...
  3. no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine.: Hi, 6/7 Months ago, My HDD was broken. It was unable to boot into the system obviously, but recently I've got a new HDD. And replaced the broken one with the new one. I then tried to boot it up, but it says"no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine." most of...
  4. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot device found. Press any key to continue: I was working in my laptop and suddenly BSOD came and then when it automatically rebooted this screen came picture attached below of error screen this have happened with me many times, I always go to advance option and then go for system restore point but after few weeks it...
  5. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No boot device found. Press any key to continue: I was working in my laptop and suddenly BSOD came and then when it automatically rebooted this screen came picture attached below of error screen this have happened with me many times, I always go to advance option and then go for system restore point but after few weeks it...
  6. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

7. Windows works if any key continuously pressed

Windows works if any key continuously pressed: Since this morning, Windows laptop turning off after booting. if any key pressed continuously, windows running smoothly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-works-if-any-key-continuously-pressed/7922e7bc-21ae-493b-b610-03d50f3c175a
  8. Press any key to start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Press any key to start: This is as far as I get. Still photo of a plane taking off and music. "Press any key to start" appears. Click it and music continues but the screen goes black. A "wheel" spins in the lower right corner for second each time you click "PAKTS" but goes no further. Just want to...
  9. press any key to boot from floppy.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    press any key to boot from floppy.: I wiped HDD on my 64 bit 10 Pro desktop now unable to reinstall 10 pro. No OS now.. Can I use my 32 bit Vista Home Premium to create installation media for 10 pro 64 bit. I have digital licence for 10 pro. Sam...
  10. Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation loops When pressed any key to boot from CD/DVD/USB: Cannot find a solution. Lots of chatter, Disk runs, Windows logo comes up, little circle goes round and round then black screen, hit any button to boot from disk, usb and windows hell starts all over. I am using Windows 10/ Home DVD. I have tried multiple disk drives,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Press any key to boot from dvd black screen