Windows 10: press any key to boot from floppy.

Discus and support press any key to boot from floppy. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wiped HDD on my 64 bit 10 Pro desktop now unable to reinstall 10 pro. No OS now.. Can I use my 32 bit Vista Home Premium to create installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamRamdeo, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SamRamdeo Win User

press any key to boot from floppy.

I wiped HDD on my 64 bit 10 Pro desktop now unable to reinstall 10 pro. No OS now.. Can I use my 32 bit Vista Home Premium to create installation media for 10 pro 64 bit. I have digital licence for 10 pro.

Sam

:)

SamRamdeo, Jan 9, 2019
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jan 9, 2019
  3. VinFaris Win User
    Boot from Floppy error message then boots after pressing "Enter"

All was working fine for months and then when I rebooted my Windows 10 computer I get a message "Press any key to boot from floppy."

There is no FDD on this computer and FDD is set as the absolute last boot device in BIOS.

This boot message comes up every time the computer is booted and it boots normally after pressing "Enter". However, immediately after pressing "Enter" there is a message that flashes up on the screen but it is so quick that I've not been able to read it.

I don't want to just take a shot in the dark but have been considering running bootrec /fixmbr. Can this hurt anything if it is not the MBR?

VinFaris, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

trying get external iomega floppy drive to work with windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the current Windows 10 build version installed on your computer?
    2. Are you able to use the Floppy drive on a different computer?
    As there is a prompt on the screen saying the software is loaded, I suggest you to open the Disk Management and see if you are able to see the device under it.

Follow these steps to open Disk Management.

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Disk Management.

Scroll down the Disk management window and check if the Floppy drive is visible, if yes.

• Right click on the Floppy drive.
    • Click on Change drive Letter and Paths.
    • Click on Change.
    • Assign the drive letter you need and click on
      OK
    • Click OK to close the window.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. press any key to boot from floppy. - Similar Threads - press key boot

2. No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key: Both uefi and legacy cant boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any/392f16b0-2830-40ef-b8a3-1edeb3979cc2
  3. no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine.

no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine.: Hi, 6/7 Months ago, My HDD was broken. It was unable to boot into the system obviously, but recently I've got a new HDD. And replaced the broken one with the new one. I then tried to boot it up, but it says"no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine." most of...
  4. no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine.: Hi, 6/7 Months ago, My HDD was broken. It was unable to boot into the system obviously, but recently I've got a new HDD. And replaced the broken one with the new one. I then tried to boot it up, but it says"no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine." most of...
  5. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot device found. Press any key to continue: I was working in my laptop and suddenly BSOD came and then when it automatically rebooted this screen came picture attached below of error screen this have happened with me many times, I always go to advance option and then go for system restore point but after few weeks it...
  6. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

No boot device found. Press any key to continue: I was working in my laptop and suddenly BSOD came and then when it automatically rebooted this screen came picture attached below of error screen this have happened with me many times, I always go to advance option and then go for system restore point but after few weeks it...
  7. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Press any key to start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Press any key to start: This is as far as I get. Still photo of a plane taking off and music. "Press any key to start" appears. Click it and music continues but the screen goes black. A "wheel" spins in the lower right corner for second each time you click "PAKTS" but goes no further. Just want to...
  9. "Press any key to boot from CD" does NOT work

in Windows 10 Support
    "Press any key to boot from CD" does NOT work: Today I created a recovery disk for EaseUS todo and when I went to check it, I could NOT get it to boot. I was able to get to the window that says "Press any key to boot from a CD/DVD". Nothing happens. I even checked it with the DVD that was used to install Windows 10,...
  10. No bootable device-insert boot disk and press any key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No bootable device-insert boot disk and press any key: since afew days, I cannot start my Laptop, I got always the same text (No bootable device) I tried many options from YouTube Funny videos of funny people to go to F2 ,Diagnostic of hard disk ( Passed) then F10 and I did all Variety of changes, enable and disable and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. press any button to boot from floppy disk