Windows 10: Press Ctrl+Alt+F10, and a keyboard will pop up. What's this?

Discus and support Press Ctrl+Alt+F10, and a keyboard will pop up. What's this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Does anybody recognize this keyboard? When I press "Ctrl + Alt + F10" in the desktop, a small on-screen keyboard pops up. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theseanl, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+F10, and a keyboard will pop up. What's this?

Press Ctrl+Alt+F10, and a keyboard will pop up. What's this? -BN-xADQ5ZAnNsK9xyCo9U1PQZxP-OsEC4rNJ1vsnzA.jpg

Does anybody recognize this keyboard?

When I press "Ctrl + Alt + F10" in the desktop, a small on-screen keyboard pops up.

It is different from the "official" OSK. This keyboard has the antique Windows 98 Logo in place of the Windows key! Also on a 4k monitor its layout is broken. It looks like some sort of a legacy component of Windows that devs have forgot to remove.

Does anybody know what feature it is, and any way to disable it?

submitted by /u/theseanl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theseanl, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 17, 2020
  3. masleyko Win User
    DFSPL is compressed press ctrl+alt+del

hey guys need quick help plz
    DFSPL is compressed press ctrl+alt+del wtf is this .. i`m unable to boot from cd/dvd ..keeps saying error code 5 whats that plz quick answer it is urgent .. i have never seen this before and look up dfspl in google ..nothing

masleyko, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Press Ctrl+Alt+F10, and a keyboard will pop up. What's this?

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Press Ctrl+Alt+F10, and a keyboard will pop up. What's this?

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+F10, and a keyboard will pop up. What's this? - Similar Threads - Press Ctrl+Alt+F10 keyboard

2. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed: My computer hangs up and closes any open app eg. notepad, explorer etc. if I press the shift, ctrl, or alt key even once. The problem occasionally goes away. I have checked the keyboard by swapping it out and the problem remains and also the issue remains with onscreen...
  3. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed: My computer hangs up and closes any open app eg. notepad, explorer etc. if I press the shift, ctrl, or alt key even once. The problem occasionally goes away. I have checked the keyboard by swapping it out and the problem remains and also the issue remains with onscreen...
  4. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  6. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  7. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  8. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

9. CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10 is launching a program and I want to disable it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10 is launching a program and I want to disable it: The above key combo is a shortcut in a game I play. However, when I press it, something called Performance Monitoring launches in the background in record mode with a tooltip that says I can use CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F10 to start/stop recording. I did not find anything searching and...
  10. How to do Ctrl+Shift+F10 on laptop keyboard

How to do Ctrl+Shift+F10 on laptop keyboard: I can trigger a Fn key on my HP Spectre laptop by using the fn key. However, How do you do Ctrl+Shift+F10? Thanks, Jon 106934