Windows 10: Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10

Discus and support Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, when i switch on my own laptop, the welcome screen comes up. For some reason, when i press the enter key or any key on keyboard, it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joey_qf, Jan 15, 2020.

1. joey_qf Win User

Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10

Hi all,

when i switch on my own laptop, the welcome screen comes up. For some reason, when i press the enter key or any key on keyboard, it does not take me to the login screen. I have to click the mouse to enter the login screen and password box. However, i can click enter key to get login screen on my work laptop at my office.

does it happen to anyone also?

thank you very much

Fay

:)

joey_qf, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen)

windows 10 HP Pavilion 15- n259Tx ( Can't type Password in login screen)

I am facing this issue that I can't type Password in login screen in windows 10.

When I press key to enter password nothing happened. Password field is blank, it is not detecting keystrokes.

I ran chkdsk /f and /r , no issue found. I ran through safe mode and then i was able to enter password. But when I again tried to login normally I couldn't enter password.

Later I did factory reset by pressing f11 key (using HP recovery manager) which wiped everything and from windows 10 it got restored to original windows 8.

So now in windows 8 during first login I entered password and it worked.

I restarted my system and Woah same problem again. I couldn't enter password.

HELP ME PLEASEEEEEE!!

NavyServer, Jan 15, 2020
  3. How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

1. Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously to open the Run box. Type cmd and press Enter.
    2. When the Command Prompt window opens, type query user and press Enter. It will list all users that are currently logged on your computer.

RainbowPride, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10

Little to no keyboard input on windows 10 login screen

I have encountered an issue where only the space bar and enter keys work on login.

Below is a step by step of what I have found so far:

1. I restarted my computer - and tried to enter my pin and noticed that nothing was happening and i could not log in but the enter and space keys were working.
    2. I then walked through the change pin process - it through me back to the login screen and inputs worked again.
    3. I then tried running the hardware and device troubleshooter and it found no issues.
    4. I then downloaded the windows diagnostic tool - it repaired two issues in relation to a windows update, on in regards to a corrupt database and another which i cant remember.
    5. I restarted after it fixed these issues and I could log in fine.
    6. I then restarted again to be 100% sure it worked - and behold the issue was back again.
    7. As long as I go into the reset pin process and come back into the login screen again I can then enter my pin.

I dont know what has caused this issue and if anyone else has encountered it but is there any fixes or other potential solutions could try to resolve this?

Am thinking at the moment I may have to do a clean install of windows 10 but I would like to avoid that if I can. *sarc

joshcranmore, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10

1. Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Press enter key

2. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  3. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  4. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 stuck on login, cannot enter username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on login, cannot enter username: After a windows update in March, I got this problem where keyboard entry or mouse click will not bring up the username box. It kept flickering back to the background screen. Windows loaded quickly so it must have been starting from hibernation. After some research, I found...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on login, cannot enter username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on login, cannot enter username: After a windows update in March, I got this problem where keyboard entry or mouse click will not bring up the username box. It kept flickering back to the background screen. Windows loaded quickly so it must have been starting from hibernation. After some research, I found...
  7. Windows 10 stuck on login, cannot enter username

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Enter key is automatically getting pressed. This is killing me. Pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enter key is automatically getting pressed. This is killing me. Pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sarangan19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixgm01/enter_key_is_automatically_getting_pressed_this/
  9. Cannot get to login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get to login screen.: Hi, My pc refuses to show the login screen. All I see is the mouse cursor and a black screen. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse which are working so I know windows is loaded. Also win+p brings up the project a screen thing and win+u brings up narrator. Any ideas on how...
  10. Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter: I regret to say that this issue started occuring shortly after downloading some torrents. I was looking to cut some costs and decided to cancel my DJ pool subscriptions and download some music. Unfortunately, not only did I get some terrible quality audio, this flickering...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 login s reen need to press enter

2. windows sign in.with enter mey