Windows 10: Press some random buttons and now my keyboard is only doing shortcuts. (Typed on phone)

Discus and support Press some random buttons and now my keyboard is only doing shortcuts. (Typed on phone) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, hopefully one of you guys can help me fix this annoying problem. I clicked some random buttons by accident while playing a game, now it’s doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reddit-is-so-nice, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Press some random buttons and now my keyboard is only doing shortcuts. (Typed on phone)

Hey, hopefully one of you guys can help me fix this annoying problem. I clicked some random buttons by accident while playing a game, now it’s doing shortcuts for windows and i can’t find any solutions to it. I searched online and none worked. I uninstalled my keyboard and made things worse by only allowing me to type when i open chrome and my mouse is about a half an inch off it’s target now. I also read that damage to the keyboard like spilling fluid can cause this (coincidentally i allow spilled water on the windows key before), but that wouldn’t affect my mouse being weird too.

Anyone know if this happened to them or know a fix to this annoying problem.

Edit: can to cant

submitted by /u/reddit-is-so-nice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/reddit-is-so-nice, Mar 2, 2021

2. Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Keyboard shortcuts for Android System buttons in Your Phone App?

Where can I find a list of all keyboard shortcuts for accessing Android System buttons (Home, Back, Recents) in the "Phone Screen" tab of the Your Phone App?

RashaMatt Blais, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Press some random buttons and now my keyboard is only doing shortcuts. (Typed on phone)

Keyboard is typing/shortcuts but no shortcuts/sticky keys are turned on

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue persist, update the chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website and check.

Perform an SFC (System File Checker) scan on your system for any corrupted file settings.

1. Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

2. Select Command prompt admin.

3. At the command prompt type “sfc /scannow” (no quotes), and then press ENTER.

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Press some random buttons and now my keyboard is only doing shortcuts. (Typed on phone)

1. Press some random buttons and now my keyboard is only doing shortcuts. (Typed on phone) - Similar Threads - Press random buttons

2. My keyboard presses random buttons at times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard presses random buttons at times.: I have confirmed its not a hardwarekeyboard issue by checking multiple different keyboards, including buying a new one. Device manager shows they are 2 keyboards plugged in when there is only one. How do I fix this...
  3. My keyboard presses random buttons at times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard presses random buttons at times.: I have confirmed its not a hardwarekeyboard issue by checking multiple different keyboards, including buying a new one. Device manager shows they are 2 keyboards plugged in when there is only one. How do I fix this...
  4. Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.: Example: I press my windows key and my computer thinks I'm pressing Esc. and F7 specifically. Pressing the FN key also activate the ~ and F5. My capslock key presses F8. All of they keys for q, w, a, s, z, x, 1, and 2 all type their respective alternate on the keyboard as...
  5. Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one: Whenever I press a single button, multiple get pressed. For example: pressing "k" will type "kl,". This issue is on a Windows 10 laptop and prior to the issue my keyboard was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with some wipes and spray. I did this many times before and never had...
  6. Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one

Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one: Whenever I press a single button, multiple get pressed. For example: pressing "k" will type "kl,". This issue is on a Windows 10 laptop and prior to the issue my keyboard was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with some wipes and spray. I did this many times before and never had...
  7. Keyboard typing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing shortcuts: Hello!I'm experiencing some sort of a bug which actually might be shipped as a "feature". Every time I am typing the character between brackets <"> one time, using the shift + "-key, it doesn't appear on the screen until I am pressing it again and it will appear as 2x". If I...
  8. Keyboard typing shortcuts

Keyboard typing shortcuts: Hello!I'm experiencing some sort of a bug which actually might be shipped as a "feature". Every time I am typing the character between brackets <"> one time, using the shift + "-key, it doesn't appear on the screen until I am pressing it again and it will appear as 2x". If I...
  9. Pressing buttons makes my keyboard open random appa

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing buttons makes my keyboard open random appa: So while i casually play games, idk what i press, and then all of a sudden whenever i press any key it will open apps. For example if i press w it will bring up whiteboard. I have read that pressing windows and alt at the same time fixes it and it does, but i wanna stop it...
  10. Keyboard buttons typing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard buttons typing randomly: My Backspace, Enter, D, } and " keys are pressing different things. I tried using keyboard tester and its typing all over the place. Already did the troubleshooting for keyboard drivers and language and still nothing fixed it. Its a brand new laptop!...