Windows 10: Press space to stop all sounds/musics/movies coming from the computer

Discus and support Press space to stop all sounds/musics/movies coming from the computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I often listen to music on the background while doing Facebook. Sometimes, my mom wants to talk to me while I'm listening to something in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alexie Plourde, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Press space to stop all sounds/musics/movies coming from the computer

I often listen to music on the background while doing Facebook. Sometimes, my mom wants to talk to me while I'm listening to something in the background. It would be nice if the fact of pressing "space" could stop anything sound coming from the speakers or headphones. It would need to not work when typing in a text field or any other place where it is normal to press "space". So, perhaps a combination of two keys? Like "Windows + space".

Useful as well when receiving a phone call, wether on the computer, or directly on the phone.

:)

Alexie Plourde, Sep 19, 2020

2. No surround sound on purchased movies

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of the computer ?

• What is the make and model of the sound card?

• Does the issue occur with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to check the quality of videos downloaded from the app, if the issue occurs only with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app. If the issue doesn't occur in other videos saved on the computer and persists even after download
    the HD movies from the app then I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check.

To do so, please follow the below link and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2

If the issue occurring with both the movies from the app and the videos saved on the computer then I suggest you to go to sound settings and select speaker type as 5.1.

To do so, please follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + X and select control panel.
    • 2. Click on Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.
    • 3. Click the Playback tab, select Speakers, and then click
      Configure.
    • 4. Under Audio Channels, select which speakers are present in your
      speaker configuration, and then click Test. You should hear a
      tone play in each speaker. Click Next, and then follow the directions to continue the configuration process.
    • 5. Select 5.1 surround in the option and click on
      OK
    Note: Your sound card determines which options you see during the speaker configuration process. For example, if you're using a mobile PC with internal speakers, you might only see Stereo in the Audio Channels section.

If issue persists,

Method 3

Update the Sound card driver and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Sound card drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.

b. Search for Sound, Video and Game Controllers and expand it.

c. Right click on the soundcard driver and select
    update driver software

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Sep 19, 2020
  3. No sound on Windows 10 Movie Maker

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are facing the sound issue only in Movie Maker. If yes, then I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key, type Control Panel
      and select the same from the list.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
    • Locate Windows Live Essential then click
      Uninstall/Change.
    • When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
    • Restart your computer after the repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 19, 2020
  4. shevanel Win User

Press space to stop all sounds/musics/movies coming from the computer

Best sounding 2.1 setup for Music?

i had a 5.1 sound system before and Im not a big fan of it.. maybe for movies but meh.. and music on 5.1 sounds unnatural to my ears. I just like 2 speakers in front of me and sub hanging out on teh floor..

Plus, space is a limitation for me as well.. Im going to try and score the Klipsch's but I appreciate your suggestion, it'll give me something to think about for a future upgrade beyond this one.

shevanel, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Press space to stop all sounds/musics/movies coming from the computer

1. Press space to stop all sounds/musics/movies coming from the computer - Similar Threads - Press space stop

2. Crackling sound coming from overheated computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound coming from overheated computer: As the title says when any sound comes from the laptop it comes out as crackling. It's not an issue related to speakers or headphones. It comes out when I playing games because laptop overheats This is my thought. After closing the game that overheats the laptop the problem...
  3. Crackling sound coming from overheated computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling sound coming from overheated computer: As the title says when any sound comes from the laptop it comes out as crackling. It's not an issue related to speakers or headphones. It comes out when I playing games because laptop overheats This is my thought. After closing the game that overheats the laptop the problem...
  4. No sound coming from laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound coming from laptop: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 5 running Windows 10. Although the sound icon appears to be working, no sound is coming from the laptop. I have been through all of these Windows troubleshooting steps:...
  5. Sound not coming from the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming from the laptop: Sound output not coming from Micromax Canvas Lapbook L1161. The red cross is displaying in the taskbar and says that no output device is installed. I have tried almost everything to bring back my audio. I have tried updating and installing the driver which came inbuilt in...
  6. I am trying to connect music from my PC USB to an amplifier. No sound. Is the music coming...

I am trying to connect music from my PC USB to an amplifier. No sound. Is the music coming...: I am trying to connect music from my PC USB to an amplifier. No sound. Is the music coming out from the PC USB? or only from the loud speakers/head set?...
  7. PLEASE HELP. A strange sound comes from the computer

PLEASE HELP. A strange sound comes from the computer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-HHhnqXTXM&feature=youtu.be don't get me wrong it's not inside the case. I can hear this sound when I wear the headset. I could not understand what happened. The sound in the video is happening at regular intervals....
  8. Sound not coming from Laptop at all.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not coming from Laptop at all.: Hi, recently my Alienware laptop's sound has stopped working altogether. Nothing comes from the speakers at all, nor when I plug in headphones. I am not sure what the problem could be, and I would love it if Microsoft support could get back to me quickly in solving this...
  9. MUSIC, MOVIES, TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MUSIC, MOVIES, TV: In Windows Media Player (Yeah, I'm old-school and I like it!), how does one paste new album art on an album file? Also, is there any useful online source for WMP help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-movies-tv/b85a7b7b-005d-48ec-ad83-df444940fa3e"
  10. No Sound coming from my PC at all

No Sound coming from my PC at all: I don't have any speakers on my neither one of my monitors so I use a headset everytime I use my computer, and this issue started happening about 3-4 months ago. One day I turned my computer on, plugged my headset in, and no sound was coming from my computer. I hover over...