Windows 10: press the escape key for startup menu

Discus and support press the escape key for startup menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; press the escape key for startup menu has no effect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by challenger46, Jul 14, 2019.

1. press the escape key for startup menu

press the escape key for startup menu has no effect

:)

challenger46, Jul 14, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

How to test escape key?

I've been playing a game where I access the menu with the escape key, and it's not working. I can't think off the top of my head how else to test if the key is working or not.

OrbitzXT, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 14, 2019
  4. das10 Win User

press the escape key for startup menu

help for vulnerable person falling for Microsoft tech scam

Try pressing the ESCAPE key repeatedly as soon as you switch on the PC.

According to this support page:
    Access Denied

The Startup Menu provides access to UEFI applications and to the BIOS. The applications include different options for notebook and desktop computers and tablets. Use the steps in the following sections to run these applications from the Startup Menu or from the hard drive.

Opening the Startup Menu during system startup on computers
    Follow these steps to open the Startup menu when the computer is powered off.

** Turn on the computer.
    ** Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.

Hopefully that should get into some kind of setup where you can select the USB as the first bootable option.

das10, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

press the escape key for startup menu

1. press the escape key for startup menu - Similar Threads - press escape key

2. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  3. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  4. My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-asks-to-press-esc-key-for-startup-menubut/be6b749e-3533-4f1a-a08d-7e2c7e331fab
  5. My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-asks-to-press-esc-key-for-startup-menubut/be6b749e-3533-4f1a-a08d-7e2c7e331fab
  6. Escape key types ` (tilde)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Escape key types ` (tilde): I recently wiped and reinstalled windows to a larger SSD but now whenever I press the escape key it types a ` (tilde) I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem online, I've checked my keybinds and it says escape is set to just be escape but it still types a...
  7. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pressing left control key opens start menu: As the title says, whenever I press the left control key, it acts like the windows button and opens the start menu. I know that the keyboard isn't the issue because the same problem happens on multiple keyboards on the same computer.I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and...
  8. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pressing left control key opens start menu: As the title says, whenever I press the left control key, it acts like the windows button and opens the start menu. I know that the keyboard isn't the issue because the same problem happens on multiple keyboards on the same computer.I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and...
  9. Keyboard function and escape keys problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard function and escape keys problem: Good day, my ESC, F1, F2, F3 and F4 keys are typing/doing numpad actions whenever I press them. Like when I press the "ESC" key, it keys in the number "1" from and whenever I press "F2" it keys in the number "2" and so on up until the F4 key. Is this a bug on Microsoft or...
  10. Escape key

in Windows 10 Support
    Escape key: Does anyone know of a way to duplicate this key by placing it on to taskbar? 132156

Users found this page by searching for:

1. press escape for startup menu

2. press the escape key for startup menu