Windows 10: pressing 3 on my number pad also registers the neighboring enter key; same thing also...

Discus and support pressing 3 on my number pad also registers the neighboring enter key; same thing also... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i recently bought and received a mechanical keyboard that registers the NUMPAD3 and numpad enter keys simultaneously, as well as the NUMPAD6 key and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Triamgle, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Triamgle Win User

pressing 3 on my number pad also registers the neighboring enter key; same thing also...

i recently bought and received a mechanical keyboard that registers the NUMPAD3 and numpad enter keys simultaneously, as well as the NUMPAD6 key and the numpad + key.

as in when the 3 key is pressed, it registers as the 3 key and the enter key being pressed with the inverse also happening.

the same occurs with the 6 and + keys on the number pad

the keyboard has an onboard built-in driver and i only experience this problem with those 4 keys.

:)

Triamgle, Jan 7, 2021

2. number pad

Did you press the Num Lock button? On mine by default it does what is listed under the numbers, the arrows etc. If I press the Num Lock key then the numbers work.

alphanumeric, Jan 7, 2021
  3. SriSarma Win User
    Pasting number into phone key pad has changed in GDR2

I use a VOIP service to make international calls. This is usually in 3 steps

1. Call the providers number.

2. Enter an access code

3. Enter the international number to connect to.

Up until I updated to GDR2, for Step 3,

(a) I could just copy the number from my contacts

(b) and paste into the dialer key pad when I was prompted to enter the number (by the service provider).

(b) As soon as I pasted the number into the keypad, WP8 would, for lack of better description, simulate a key press (or at least I could hear the key press tones)

This worked and I didn't have to memorize the number before entering it.

However, I updated to GDR3 last week and I've just noticed that this doesn't work anymore. I can still do (a) and (b), but for some reason it doesn't work. The service provider fails to recognize the number input.

After some investigation I noticed that this only happened when I pasted a number that had the international code starting with a + .i.e. +1201xxxxxx.

If the number didn't start with a +, it seems to work fine.

So.... what's changed between GDR1 and GDR2?

I am using a Lumia 920 and I am on GDR2!

SriSarma, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Ed Soares Win User

pressing 3 on my number pad also registers the neighboring enter key; same thing also...

Decimal key (.) in number pad does not work

Hi, all.

My computer is a laptop, HP envy, with Windows 10.

The decimal key on my keypad/number pad stopped working all of a sudden (nothing happens when I press that key).

• Problem is the same on any number of programs, be it this browser (Edge), MS Excel, MS Word, Notepad, etc...
    • "NumLock" key is on;
    • All the other number pad keys work as usual (all numbers and operators, for example);
    • The setting that controls the mouse with the number pad is off;
    • The problem is the same whether I try it on my laptop keyboard, or on my Logitech keyboard (plugged in with a USB receiver), or on the on-screen keyboard - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    • The period closer to the letter "M" works fine (that's how I've been able to use it in this post, for example)
    • My keyboard language is set correctly, to "English (United States)", as it has always been.
    • I've actually tried changing the keyboard language to another one (such as Spanish and Portuguese), and the problem is still the same - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    I've read some 10 forums that had the same questions, but all of them were unhelpful. At least half related to the "NumLock" being off, some meandered into the control panel settings, into the mouse control settings, and a good many did not have a clear
    answer.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance,

Edgar

Ed Soares, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. pressing 3 on my number pad also registers the neighboring enter key; same thing also... - Similar Threads - pressing number pad

2. Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...: Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my computer account password incorrect Please help!I also tried the safemode..cant login my computer account always incorrect password...
  3. Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...: Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my computer account password incorrect Please help!I also tried the safemode..cant login my computer account always incorrect password...
  4. Blinking in pressing any keys and also clicking in window screen..also can't log-in my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. While pressing enter my pc is not sending messages and also search is not occurring. i also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While pressing enter my pc is not sending messages and also search is not occurring. i also...: while pressing enter my pc is not sending messages and also search is not occurring. i also tried with on screen keyboard that is also not working ... how to fix this issue?* Moved from Windows Client for IT Pros...
  6. While pressing enter my pc is not sending messages and also search is not occurring. i also...

While pressing enter my pc is not sending messages and also search is not occurring. i also...: while pressing enter my pc is not sending messages and also search is not occurring. i also tried with on screen keyboard that is also not working ... how to fix this issue?* Moved from Windows Client for IT Pros...
  7. Problem when pressing 3 on number pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem when pressing 3 on number pad: i recently was gifted a MageGee MK Storm keyboard that registers the NUMPAD3 and numpad ENTER as in when just the 3 key is pressed, it registers as the 3 key and the enter key being pressed simultaneously. How can I fix this?...
  8. Problem when pressing 3 on number pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when pressing 3 on number pad: i recently was gifted a MageGee MK Storm keyboard that registers the NUMPAD3 and numpad ENTER as in when just the 3 key is pressed, it registers as the 3 key and the enter key being pressed simultaneously. How can I fix this?...
  9. Problem when pressing 3 on number pad

10. Shift Key is "ACTING" like its stuck - Can not use the Number Pad also

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift Key is "ACTING" like its stuck - Can not use the Number Pad also: The Shift lock on my laptop is acting up or perhaps Windows 10? Basically the caps lock is reversed: I have contacted the Microsoft chat support team prior with this case prior. With the following: Caps Lock On: lowercase CAPS LOCK OFF: UPPERCASE The numkeys '1 2 3 4...