Windows 10: Pressing 4 special keys (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey) launches an Office web page after May...

Discus and support Pressing 4 special keys (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey) launches an Office web page after May... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 May 2019 upgrade (version 1903, current build is 18632.175) I've started having a very strange issue: whenever I press a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eugenesv, Jun 26, 2019.

1. eugenesv Win User

Pressing 4 special keys (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey) launches an Office web page after May...

After installing Windows 10 May 2019 upgrade (version 1903, current build is 18632.175) I've started having a very strange issue: whenever I press a four key combo (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey), the system opens an Office webpage in the default browser (and to make troubleshooting easier this stupid page doesn't even work under VPN, so at first I couldn't even figure out what's going on), it goes to this go.microsoft forwarding link which in turn forwards to this Office page

This breaks all of my fast-launch shortcuts as I use this four key combo as a Hyper key, so it makes using the system a very annoying experience

Is there a way to completely block this system key combo and revert to the "good old days" without having to remove the upgrade?

Thank you!

:)

eugenesv, Jun 26, 2019

2. ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

I find it easier to just press the key with 1 on it, instead of Alt+(numpad)49 *Wink

Thanks for posting the information and the portable doc.

Every Windows has Charmap in Start | Windows Accessories. It's great if you need a one time character, but not as convenient as learning the few often typed characters such as the ones Dick mentioned.

If you want to go further with characters, beyond this thread then you should take a peek at Charmap

Pressing 4 special keys (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey) launches an Office web page after May... [​IMG]

Slartybart, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Araraura Win User
    Alt + Shift doesn't change language

I updated Office when I open it, but after that I couldn't change between languages when I press Alt + Shift. I tried going to Advanced settings in the language in the Control Panel and Change Key Sequences, but it still doesn't work.

Araraura, Jun 26, 2019
  4. KatJB Win User

Pressing 4 special keys (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey) launches an Office web page after May...

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Pressing 4 special keys (Control+Shift+Alt+WinKey) launches an Office web page after May... - Similar Threads - Pressing special keys

2. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  3. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  4. BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding: Hey,I’ve got an issue that gets me fuming over the past few days. I cant recall what has changed but at random times I would get my pc behave as if my Ctrl button is pressed.It usually occurs when Im AFK or when I just play a game/watch YouTube. Completely random.After a...
  5. BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding: Hey,I’ve got an issue that gets me fuming over the past few days. I cant recall what has changed but at random times I would get my pc behave as if my Ctrl button is pressed.It usually occurs when Im AFK or when I just play a game/watch YouTube. Completely random.After a...
  6. BOTH Alt/Control keys pressed or ENTIRE keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Apostrophe will not work, even after pressing control and shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apostrophe will not work, even after pressing control and shift: Why can I not get my apostrophe to work and instead get è. Usually I can press Control and Shift and fix this. I saw somewhere to run the following: Press the Windows key + R, then type osk.exe and press Enter. The keyboard I see on the screen is what is getting typed, not...
  8. Special characters ' " ` ~ ^ not diplayed after the first key press

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Special characters ' " ` ~ ^ not diplayed after the first key press: Hello everybody, Recently I changed my working station new central unit, fresh operating system and software, new keyboard. Since then, every time i want to type one of the characters ' " ` ~ ^ they won't appear on the screen after the first press. They are displayed only...
  9. Expression Web 4 won't launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Expression Web 4 won't launch: I was using Expressions Web 4 yesterday, today when I try to launch it the splash screen comes up, then drops away but the program never launches. I un-installed it and then re-installed it. Same issue. If I try to "run as administrator" the program comes up. But it is a...
  10. Right alt key also presses right control key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right alt key also presses right control key: I've been using the altgr key as toggle mute for discord as it outputs right alt, and I've got my right ctrl set to toggle deafen. Now, altgr outputs both right alt and ctrl, meaning I have to rebind my toggle mute to something else. Is there any way to revert(?) or fix this...