Windows 10: Pressing a key on the keyboard get me to something unexpected

Discus and support Pressing a key on the keyboard get me to something unexpected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Surface Pro 4 laptop running Windows 10. I don’t know why but when pressing a key on the keyboard I occasionally get something different instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Merriman1, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Pressing a key on the keyboard get me to something unexpected

I use Surface Pro 4 laptop running Windows 10. I don’t know why but when pressing a key on the keyboard I occasionally get something different instead of typing. It depends on the place I am in. Is it sticky keys? I’ve turned this feature off but the problem is still here.

:)

Michael Merriman1, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Help Choosing Gaming Keyboard

Hi guys, just found this forum and looks awesome.

I just bought a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (this one) and I am about 70% satisfied. I am returning it because they sent me the wrong model number, but I think the model number up from this won't be much different.

What I need in a gaming keyboard:
    • WHITE Backlit Keys (multicolor is a plus but has to allow white since I basically only use white)
    • Anti-ghosting (preferably 10 keys simultaneous)
    • Silent Keypress
    • $40 to $80 (used is fine)
    • Easy-to press keys
    • External color a simple black
    • OPTIONAL: Low-profile keys (slim, ultraslim)
    What do you suggest? I have been searching for many hours and have a few ideas, but there are mixed reviews.

vawrvawerawe, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Pressing a key on the keyboard get me to something unexpected

Keyboard volume keys not working properly after upgrade to Win10

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

• Press Windows key + X to select Device Manager.

• Search for Keyboard driver and expand it.

• Right click on the Keyboard driver and select Uninstall.

• Follow the onscreen directions to complete the process and restart the computer.

Further, I suggest you to download the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Pressing a key on the keyboard get me to something unexpected

1. Pressing a key on the keyboard get me to something unexpected - Similar Threads - Pressing key keyboard

2. keyboard wont let me press some keys at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard wont let me press some keys at the same time: I have an issue with my laptop keyboard that when hold down w or d with shift I cant use my z key. I tried with a different keyboard that I connected to my laptop and it works. is there any way I can fix this?...
  3. keyboard wont let me press some keys at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard wont let me press some keys at the same time: I have an issue with my laptop keyboard that when hold down w or d with shift I cant use my z key. I tried with a different keyboard that I connected to my laptop and it works. is there any way I can fix this?...
  4. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  5. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  6. Something unexpected happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something unexpected happened: I dont know what is the unexpected happened in your end but I want you to fix it immediately together with this error code in my store 0x80240013. Microsoft always have issue in their app and I dont know why. Even updating Windows is not worth to try because it does not help....
  7. Something unexpected happened

Something unexpected happened: I dont know what is the unexpected happened in your end but I want you to fix it immediately together with this error code in my store 0x80240013. Microsoft always have issue in their app and I dont know why. Even updating Windows is not worth to try because it does not help....
  8. Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.: So everything with my keyboard has been fine until recently when the 'C' key stopped working, i have tried a number of things to fix it such as uninstall the drivers, install new ones, update software and firmware, run health checks, rebooting and many other things yet...
  9. Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys

Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys: Hi! So basically, I was using my laptop and shut it down as I needed to go somewhere. I came back and turned my laptop back on and the keys were messed up pressing backspace presses backspace and /, pressing P presses left bracket and P, pressing caps lock presses W and caps...
  10. I press a key on keyboard but get wrong symbol

I press a key on keyboard but get wrong symbol: A few days ago this issue appeared. I hit button on the keyboard, for instance A but I see “asd” on the screen. The same problem with some other buttons instead of S I see “sdf”....