Windows 10: Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

Discus and support Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GPUOverHeat, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen. Note that this only happens when I play my games, other programs it wouldn't really do any affect other than the intended function, also that when using media keys in an ingame chatbox, this wouldn't type that 2nd key. I'm using a laptop, with the integrated keyboard.

submitted by /u/GPUOverHeat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GPUOverHeat, Nov 4, 2019
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Wouldn't it have been more expedient to ditch the GUI and make Zippy! a hot key activated app?
    (Similar to how TPUCapture works)
    For instance ... Zippy! is running in the background. The user presses a key combo (say Alt-Z) to tell Zippy! to repeat the next key/mouse click it sees until the hot key combo is pressed again?
    So Alt+Z and then left mouse click tells Zippy! to repeat the left mouse click until Alt+Z is pressed again.
    That would completely eliminate the need for profiles.

Just a suggestion for version 2.0 *Wink Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs ;)
    As always, good work Ford. Definitely useful with Minecraft. *Toast :toast:

Kreij, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

program to auto press 1?

how it work?

i start the program... in the box i press 1 and press enter and press 2 then press go and nothing happend.

oh nevermind it work when i press the address bar of my browser.

question: does it work on other application? say like a program that read text for you.... can it work on it? say we want it to auto type 1 in the text box in other program...

HiddenStupid, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

1. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs - Similar Threads - Pressing Media Key

2. Pressing certain keys acts as 2 different keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing certain keys acts as 2 different keys: Recently I have discovered an issue with what I believe to be my computer, not my specific keyboard. When pressing the media skip and replay buttons, I find they act as the P and Q keys as well. This problem does not occur when typing out on documents or searching things up,...
  3. Pressing certain keys acts as 2 different keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing certain keys acts as 2 different keys: Recently I have discovered an issue with what I believe to be my computer, not my specific keyboard. When pressing the media skip and replay buttons, I find they act as the P and Q keys as well. This problem does not occur when typing out on documents or searching things up,...
  4. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  5. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  6. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Certain programs make my computer act as if certain keys are pressed down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs make my computer act as if certain keys are pressed down: Hello, Recently, I've been having a very strange issue: while running certain programs, my computer suddenly begins to act as if certain keys on my keyboard are being pressed. In the beginning, it acted as though the CTRL key was pressed ex: pressing "w" executes the "CTRL...
  8. Is there a hotkey program which virtually presses a key at certain times?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a hotkey program which virtually presses a key at certain times?: Hello, Wanted to ask if there is a program that virtually presses a certain key at certain times ? Thanks a lot. Gibt es ein Hotkey Programm welches zu bestimmten zeiten eine Taste virtuell drückt?
  9. Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key: When I play games on my PC (basically any gaming program I have), I would normally would like to adjust my volume and such, but when I do, it sometimes outputs another key. For example, when I press the Mute button, it would also press the D key, which is very annoying in...
  10. Certain keys not registering when pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys not registering when pressed: Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-not-registering-when-pressed/cb3b3ba9-261c-405a-a03e-4991414e6a49