Windows 10: pressing and releasing the mouse wheel opens file explorer.

Discus and support pressing and releasing the mouse wheel opens file explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to get rid of this shortcut.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by binayashahi1, Nov 12, 2018.

1. pressing and releasing the mouse wheel opens file explorer.

How to get rid of this shortcut.

:)

binayashahi1, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't get my mouse wheel, to open link when clicked/

Hi Elois,

A faulty mouse is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to open a link when using the mouse wheel. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • What is the model of your mouse?
    • Have you tried using another mouse and check if the issue persists?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 12, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Mouse wheel too sensitive In edge

Hello Christopher,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To address your concern, you may adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, click on Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options.
    • Go to the Wheel tab to adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 12, 2018
  4. pressing and releasing the mouse wheel opens file explorer.

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

pressing and releasing the mouse wheel opens file explorer.

1. pressing and releasing the mouse wheel opens file explorer. - Similar Threads - pressing releasing mouse

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. loading mouse icon when i press a file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    loading mouse icon when i press a file in file explorer: when i open file explorer then click a file a infinite loading icon on the mouse shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-mouse-icon-when-i-press-a-file-in-file/77b98178-f776-42fd-a558-59f3c6c69c6b
  5. Mouse Wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Wheel: I did something to my mouse buttons by accident and now my mouse wheel works my volume and not scroll through pages., I was not in any settings page I was in a game when it happened. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and my fingers are kind of numb.. so not sure what I...
  6. Mouse Wheel

Mouse Wheel: I usually have my wireless mouse which I can normally scroll with by well... scrolling. When I switched to one of my old mice for a few hours which used a hold to scroll my other mouse also did that. I want to turn it back to normal scrolling instead of having to hold/click...
  7. Audio stops when I press on mouse wheel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio stops when I press on mouse wheel: The issue is annoying and I would be grateful for your suggestions. When I press the mouse wheel the sound completely stops. I tried to change the mouse settings but it didn’t help...
  8. File Explorer malfunctioning: Not just opening but spinning wheels with Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer malfunctioning: Not just opening but spinning wheels with Quick Access: Up until the end of last week, I'd click on the File Explorer icon in my bar and it'd open with all the file options there. Now it opens only showing Quick Access and Desktop, with the slow green bar processing and then nothing happening. I happen to have an old folder...
  9. mouse wheel issues

mouse wheel issues: I am using an HP wireless mouse/keyboard. The mouse wheel operation has become an issue and is inconsistant. I can open one tab in a browser and after a few moves around the page and at some point the scrolling gets locked and it can't be unlocked and you need to do page...
  10. mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse wheel: I am using Windows 10, and suddenly my mouse scrolls to fast. I have looked at the settings for my mouse, and I don't have an option to slow it down. Any suggestions to my problem?...