Windows 10: Pressing arrow keys causes mouse pointer to snap to the top left of corner of my screen

Discus and support Pressing arrow keys causes mouse pointer to snap to the top left of corner of my screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this really weird and frustrating issue where when every I press any of my arrow keys, the mouse pointer instantly snaps to the top left of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John_088, Jul 30, 2020.

1. John_088 Win User

Pressing arrow keys causes mouse pointer to snap to the top left of corner of my screen

I have this really weird and frustrating issue where when every I press any of my arrow keys, the mouse pointer instantly snaps to the top left of my screen. I have no idea what is causing this. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

John_088, Jul 30, 2020

2. Mouse pointer moving on arrow keys pressed

I'm encountering a strange problem on my W10 computer, for a few days my arrow keys have been "driving" my mouse pointer. Pressing the left arrow key will move the pointer a few pixels left, etc.

The first thing that came to my mind was "oh well, I must have enabled Mouse Keys inadvertently". But Mouse Keys use the numpad and even then, it's not enabled. Rebooting doesn't help, but I've noticed it doesn't happen if the current window is ran as another user (Administrator) or if it's the Task Manager, which suggests the event filter that's catching the key press events is only active on my UID.

I've tried killing various processes but I'm running out of ideas. I'm fairly sure it's a dumb issue but it's been driving me nuts.

zdimension, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen

My mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen. Restarting the computer does not help. Even when the mouse is unplugged the pointer still moves. It moves to the left slowly but up quickly, almost instantly. I am on a desktop
    PC with no touchscreen running windows 10.

James_Magic, Jul 30, 2020
  4. ARPS000 Win User

Pressing arrow keys causes mouse pointer to snap to the top left of corner of my screen

Windows 10 - Mouse pointer moves automatically to left/right top corner

Mouse pointer is moving automatically to left side top corner. Please advise if some settings have to be changed to stop this behavior of mouse pointer.

ARPS000, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Pressing arrow keys causes mouse pointer to snap to the top left of corner of my screen - Similar Threads - Pressing arrow keys

2. right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner: Whenever I open a game right clicking and/or holding with causes the mouse to lock in the top corner, the results were entertaining for about 2 minutes but now I can't get it not to trigger while playing games. additionally, the computer can't figure out where to boot from...
  3. right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner: Whenever I open a game right clicking and/or holding with causes the mouse to lock in the top corner, the results were entertaining for about 2 minutes but now I can't get it not to trigger while playing games. additionally, the computer can't figure out where to boot from...
  4. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  5. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  6. Mouse pointer moving to the top left corner of the screen after pressing "alt" and "tab" at...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left corner of the screen after pressing "alt" and "tab" at...: I have not had any issues with my mouse pointer before this but this issue started today. Upon pressing alt and tab at the same time to switch between my tabs I've noticed that the mouse pointer goes to the top left of the screen. This does not happen all the time though and...
  7. Mouse Jumping to top left Corner of Screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Jumping to top left Corner of Screen?: So starting today and gradually getting worse as the day went randomly my pointer would jump to the top left corner of my main screen. (I have 3 connected screens) No matter what screen I was working on it would jump to the same spot on the screen. I've turned the mouse on...
  8. Mouse irresponsive on top left corner of the screen

Mouse irresponsive on top left corner of the screen: My mouse works perfectly everywhere in the screen except for the top left corner. This problem started around a week ago. I checked the mouse drivers but they are of the latest version. [ATTACH] This is the approximate portion of the screen which is unresponsive. Please...
  9. Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen

Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen: My mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen. Restarting the computer does not help. Even when the mouse is unplugged the pointer still moves. It moves to the left slowly but up quickly, almost instantly. I am on a desktop PC with no touchscreen...
  10. Mouse pointer darts to top left of the screen

Mouse pointer darts to top left of the screen: I know that this particular issue has been visited upon many times before, but I am unable to resolve it. My mouse pointer will suddenly dart to the top left of the screen for no apparent reason. I have tried updating all the relevant drivers but each time the dialogue box...