Windows 10: Pressing Backspace and Numbers cause them to change position

Discus and support Pressing Backspace and Numbers cause them to change position in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I type the number keys, it change its position for example I wanted to type "123" but for some reason it change the position to "321". And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrianLusso, May 9, 2021.

1. Pressing Backspace and Numbers cause them to change position

Whenever I type the number keys, it change its position for example I wanted to type "123" but for some reason it change the position to "321". And also when pressing the backspace key, the next letter automatically change its position to the first line. For example I type " I have a cat" but when you delete the "t" letter it change the next text to the first line "TIhave a ca"Can anyone help me with this problem ? Thanks

:)

AdrianLusso, May 9, 2021
  2. TOOGAM Win User

Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, May 9, 2021
  3. backspace speed

My backspace only erases one character at a time. Answers on this forum indicated that by going to control panel - keyboard there is a setting. Not on mine. I can change speed of typing but no word of backspace. I changed the typing speed but it has no
    effect on backspace. Another suggested it is in filters. I can not find any filters. A search for filters did not find anything.

heisserman, May 9, 2021
  4. Pressing Backspace and Numbers cause them to change position

Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly?

I have an Asus X540-YA laptop, and sometimes when I press the Backspace, instead of deleting the character, it writes down the combination of "74321", and sometimes some dots as well. Same thing with my Enter, sometimes it just types "nbz" instead of jumping
    a line when typing. I have tried to restore my Windows 10 the the original settings and re-install a driver ASUS sent me, but it did not help. Any suggestions what could cause it, or what could I do?

Dávid Bűdi, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Pressing Backspace and Numbers cause them to change position

1. Pressing Backspace and Numbers cause them to change position - Similar Threads - Pressing Backspace Numbers

2. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard: As it stands from what I wrote in the titles.The volume have suddenly increased or lowered for whenever I press a number on my keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. I have yet to find the solution to this problem, but I believe an update ruined the connection between the...
  3. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard: As it stands from what I wrote in the titles.The volume have suddenly increased or lowered for whenever I press a number on my keyboard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. I have yet to find the solution to this problem, but I believe an update ruined the connection between the...
  4. Volume changes at random when pressing numbers on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace": The thing is that when I'm renaming, It just inserts a very nonsense character. Instead of erasing the entire word.Can you help me with this?The red thing marked in the image are renaming with very nonsense characters."Help me, please. every time that I rename, it just...
  6. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace": The thing is that when I'm renaming, It just inserts a very nonsense character. Instead of erasing the entire word.Can you help me with this?The red thing marked in the image are renaming with very nonsense characters."Help me, please. every time that I rename, it just...
  7. backspace key behavior changed

in Windows 10 Support
    backspace key behavior changed: Hello, Two nights ago my computer updated and rebooted itself. Since then, my backspace key will only move one space at a time - no more holding the key down for multiple backspaces. How can I return it to its normal behavior? Win 10 ver 20H2 182415
  8. Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and .: Word locks up whenever using the backspace button to change the number 5 and the . button. Whenever I try to change 2.5 to another digit, like 3. I backspace on the 5 and when I backspace the . it freezes and I lose all work! This happens on multiple computers running...
  9. I have to double press the backspace key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have to double press the backspace key: Hello, Since yesterday I sometimes can't type properly and already tried reinstalling my keyboard drivers etc. Then I realized, that the built-in on-screen keyboard from Microsoft isn't working as well. Now I know, that when I press the backspace key I have to press it again...
  10. Backspace writing numbers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backspace writing numbers: Hello! I came across weird thing on my pc. It happened out of nowhere. When I start typing it usually out character "`" in front of a sentence then when I hit backspace quickly it writes "§123" When I press it firmly it writes "§1234567890+" When I press shift+backspace...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whe you press backspace semicolon