Windows 10: Pressing Backspace deletes a letter from left as well as from right

Discus and support Pressing Backspace deletes a letter from left as well as from right in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I press the backspace button, anything on either side starts to delete as it would normally. So if I have to correct something and I press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaddieNewman, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Pressing Backspace deletes a letter from left as well as from right

When I press the backspace button, anything on either side starts to delete as it would normally. So if I have to correct something and I press backspace it deletes a letter to the left and the right each time I press it

***Modified title from: Backspace button***

:)

MaddieNewman, Mar 9, 2019

2. Backspace ,delete and arrow long press not working

Usually when the backspace key is pressed for more than a second , it starts deleting the characters to its left continuously, however in my new windows 10 laptop(acer spin 5) this isn't working, the same is the case for delete and the arrow keys. Is this
    an OS or driver issue

AndrewBenedict J, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Deleting Text - Like Backspace, and Delete!

I've just noticed this while I was trying to paste some info into a text message, but pressed the wrong button...

If you hold down the Pencil button and press 'C' it deletes the opposite to normal - so deletes text from the right, rather than the left. (Like the difference between Backspace & Delete on PCs)

Not heard it mentioned before, so thought I'd let people know about it.

RichCowell, Mar 9, 2019
  4. troi52x Win User

Pressing Backspace deletes a letter from left as well as from right

My cursor freezes or disappears randomly and my backspace key has suddenly not deleted multiple letters.

My cursor freezes or disappears randomly and often. I press the F5 key to get it back.

My backspace key has suddenly not deleted multiple letters.

I am totally frustrated. Can anyone help?!?!?!?

Original Title: cursor and backspace problems

troi52x, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Pressing Backspace deletes a letter from left as well as from right

1. Pressing Backspace deletes a letter from left as well as from right - Similar Threads - Pressing Backspace deletes

2. Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11: Hello,I'm not sure how long this has been the case, but I noticed it about 2 months ago - when I type in Notepad and use my Right Ctrl + Right Shift combination to switch the language, it also changes from LTR to RTL, which never used to be the case in Windows 10. I've...
  3. Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11: Hello,I'm not sure how long this has been the case, but I noticed it about 2 months ago - when I type in Notepad and use my Right Ctrl + Right Shift combination to switch the language, it also changes from LTR to RTL, which never used to be the case in Windows 10. I've...
  4. Backspace and right arrow key being pressed at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backspace and right arrow key being pressed at the same time: I checked with a keyboard checker app and for some reason when I press backspace, my right arrow key is being pressed at the same time, how can i fix this...
  5. Backspace and right arrow key being pressed at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace and right arrow key being pressed at the same time: I checked with a keyboard checker app and for some reason when I press backspace, my right arrow key is being pressed at the same time, how can i fix this...
  6. Backspace and right arrow key being pressed at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows time from right to left

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows time from right to left: Hi, I have win10 pro, installed in Hebrew, but funny- the clock displays the time from right to left, as if it were Hebrew letters. [ATTACH] So what I have here is 1 AM + 12 minutes, which is displayed as 12:1... How can I set it this is a new installation winver 2004...
  8. Backspace deleting whole words instead of 1 letter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backspace deleting whole words instead of 1 letter.: I've had this issue for about a year now. And it comes and goes.. I have a razer ornate chroma keyboard. And when i press backspace it deletes the whole word instead of just 1 letter. I've tried all i can do and research but ive come up with nothing. pressing ctrl or pause...
  9. Taskbar moves rapidly from right to left

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar moves rapidly from right to left: The icons on the bottom right hand side of my screen keep moving rapidly back and forth. This just started happening last week. I'm on Windows 10, version 10.0.18363. It's the little up arrow, the network status, sound and battery icons. Not the apps that I pin to the...
  10. Backspace key changing last letter to x and then not deleting further

in Windows 10 Support
    Backspace key changing last letter to x and then not deleting further: A setting has been changed (I suspect by my 3 year old) and now whenever I press the backspace key it changes the last icon to x and then won't delete any further. It means I'm having to highlight everything to delete what needs changing. I've checked keyboard functions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backspace is deleting next letter

2. backspace key deletes letters on either side

3. backspace deleting

4. backspace deleting to right,
  5. backspace deletes everything to the right,
  6. when deleting lines it deletes left to right ,
  7. backspace before letter,
  8. backspace deleting front letter first,
  9. windows 10 typing press each time for delte,
  10. why is backspace deleting next,
  11. accidentall pushed backspace on word and deleted letter how to get it back,
  12. backspace button only deleting one at a time windows 10,
  13. backspace function only when press left shift,
  14. backspace deleting extra letters,
  15. when i backspace it deletes