Windows 10: Pressing enter opens right click menu

Discus and support Pressing enter opens right click menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, it just happened randomly, every time I press the enter key on any software I'm on, it opens up a menu that should only open when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ink413, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Ink413 Win User

Pressing enter opens right click menu

For some reason, it just happened randomly, every time I press the enter key on any software I'm on, it opens up a menu that should only open when I right click. This happens on word, google chrome, discord. I'm very confused as to how to fix this

:)

Ink413, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Pressing enter opens right click menu

Why can't I click inside Start Menu?

You may also follow these steps to resolve your concern:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • From the options, select Command Prompt (Admin) by clicking it.
    • Type in Powershell and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste this on the Powershell application
      Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
      and press Enter.
    • Wait for the process to finish, close all of the open windows and check your Start menu if it's working properly.
    Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Pressing enter opens right click menu

1. Pressing enter opens right click menu - Similar Threads - Pressing enter opens

2. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  3. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  4. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  6. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  8. When i hold right click and press left click a browser opens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i hold right click and press left click a browser opens: Ive been trying to figure out how to fix the problem bit cant find a solution my mouse woeks fine when im running safe mode and i also tried didsabling human interfaces in task manager but then when i hold right and keft click the left click wont register the only other...
  9. Right click does not open menu properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click does not open menu properly: I have a window server 2016. when I right click on an icon or on the desk top, the menu sometimes opens with only a couple of items, sometimes it is only a vertical line, sometimes it is a blank box. any suggestion? thank you...
  10. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right clicking when pressing enter

2. what is the difference in pressing enter as opposed to right click