Windows 10: pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen

Discus and support pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; does anybody know a fix to where when I press the esc key it brings up the windows start menu. also it wont let me type when this issue happens and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScarecroweYT, Oct 19, 2019.

1. pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen

does anybody know a fix to where when I press the esc key it brings up the windows start menu. also it wont let me type when this issue happens and when on a browser trying to scroll up and down with my mouse zooms the screen in and out.

there is no issue with the keyboard I have tried several and they all have the same problem. there are a few other things that happen when this issue occurs but these are the main problems.

:)

ScarecroweYT, Oct 19, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Oct 19, 2019
  3. pressing Esc to access Start up menu. Npne of the categories, even Advanced Options, address Keyboard unresponsiveness by computer.

Computer is HP laptop. I tried complete Power off, then Power bon, pressing Esc to access Start up menu. Npne of the categories, even Advanced Options, address Keyboard unresponsiveness by computer. Big problem because initial screen requires PIN to open
    Desktop. Advice welcomed.

OP - Computer unresponsive to Keyboard following Update & Restart

jsunshower, Oct 19, 2019
  4. pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen

1. pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen - Similar Threads - pressing esc opens

2. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  3. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  4. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pressing left control key opens start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pressing left control key opens start menu: As the title says, whenever I press the left control key, it acts like the windows button and opens the start menu. I know that the keyboard isn't the issue because the same problem happens on multiple keyboards on the same computer.I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and...
  6. Pressing Esc key opens Start menu in Windows 10? Here’s the working fix to help you!

in Windows 10 News
    Pressing Esc key opens Start menu in Windows 10? Here’s the working fix to help you!: [ATTACH]If your keyboard is toggling the Start menu on pressing the Esc key, this post may help you solve the issue. Such type of keyboard error is caused due to hardware or software issues. Pressing Esc key opens Start menu in Windows 10 If this problem occurs on your...
  7. Weird thing happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird thing happening: A while back I changed my mouse to an animated one, and since then I have been having this weird problem where over time my audio starts to have static in it and my cursor animation starts slowing down ,it is fixed with a restart but always comes back near end of the day, is...
  8. Start menu opens when I press esc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu opens when I press esc: Hello, my name is Maks and I have a question my problem is, when I click esc opens start menu and I can't change sites on firefox and other weird things, I turned off sticky buttons That bug doing at random times and when I restart the computer everything works for 10 min/1,5...
  9. Weird thing happen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happen: I had windows screen, like when you freshly installed windows. Where is screen when you have to click continue and than write email to create microsoft account. I though perhaps i got updated to 2004. But no. Any idea why this showed up??? 161052
  10. Weird things happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird things happening: Hello So yesterday i opened task manager to check something and the processes tab was empty + users. Today when i turned me pc on start menu wont open task manager still have same problem and i have not installed any updates or installed some programs + antivirus dont show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard escape key brings up start menu even after switching keyboard

2. press escape and it opens the windows menu

3. esc buttons opens start menu

4. esc key opens start menu