Windows 10: Pressing F1 opens Microsoft Edge how can I change that to Brave Broswer?

Discus and support Pressing F1 opens Microsoft Edge how can I change that to Brave Broswer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not sure where to put this I'm looking to get help on the help function, specifically how to change the browser it uses. How can I change the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilTremblay, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Pressing F1 opens Microsoft Edge how can I change that to Brave Broswer?

Not sure where to put this I'm looking to get help on the help function, specifically how to change the browser it uses.

How can I change the browser used for the Help function? I want to use Brave Browser as it has built in ad-blocking & sends "do not track" requests when I go to websites (as I don't get paid the $8 when my data is sold.... though I boycott advertisements which makes my data worthless unless one is seeking to make less money for companies). Brave also tracks how many of those have been blocked, & so far it's helped me by blocking: 55,135(trackers), 112,992(advertisements), 3,556(https upgrades), & blessing me with an estimated 2.3 hours saved.

I've locked Microsoft Edge, & Cortana behind my Norton Antivirus firewall, as I consented to neither being on my computer, & Edge does not contain ad blocking (I boycott 100% of advertisements that I encounter on my cellphone & on my computer, so Microsoft sending me advertisements ensures that your making money at the expense of the company you're advertising, even if it is yourself. I find it funny that the sever violation can be referred to as rape).

I tried to "duckduckgo" the answer & couldn't come up with anything so I decided to post this as I'm sure I'm not the one one who desires this.

:)

PhilTremblay, Jan 1, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Pressing F1 opens Microsoft Edge how can I change that to Brave Broswer?

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Pressing F1 opens Microsoft Edge how can I change that to Brave Broswer?

1. Pressing F1 opens Microsoft Edge how can I change that to Brave Broswer? - Similar Threads - Pressing opens Microsoft

2. How can I display the ribbon on word? I have pressed CTR+F1 I have pressed CTR+fn+f1 and it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I display the ribbon on word? I have pressed CTR+F1 I have pressed CTR+fn+f1 and it...: How can I display the ribbon on word? I have pressed CTR+F1 I have pressed CTR+fn+f1 and it will not display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-display-the-ribbon-on-word-i-have/3742fe4b-0b71-476e-9e38-073f6df8a36d
  3. How can I display the ribbon on word? I have pressed CTR+F1 I have pressed CTR+fn+f1 and it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I display the ribbon on word? I have pressed CTR+F1 I have pressed CTR+fn+f1 and it...: How can I display the ribbon on word? I have pressed CTR+F1 I have pressed CTR+fn+f1 and it will not display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-display-the-ribbon-on-word-i-have/3742fe4b-0b71-476e-9e38-073f6df8a36d
  4. How can I display the ribbon on word? I have pressed CTR+F1 I have pressed CTR+fn+f1 and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Everytime i press ctrl it opens microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime i press ctrl it opens microsoft edge: I already tried restarting HID human interface devices but it just continued , it only stops when i stop the service , but when i start it , the Microsoft edge continues opening when i press ctrl...
  6. How can I stop Edge from opening when I press F1 on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I stop Edge from opening when I press F1 on my desktop?: This is very annoying - my default browser is set to Chrome and pressing F1 while being outside of Chrome opens Edge with a Microsoft help page. I don't want this browser to open even after I've set Chrome as default. It seems broken. Is there any "fix" to this "feature"?...
  7. my F1 Button Opens Microsoft Edge. How Do I Disable This?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my F1 Button Opens Microsoft Edge. How Do I Disable This?: its extremely annoying. Ill press it in the middle of a game and it opens edge, taking me out of the game and into edge. I despise this and press it by mistake a lot. Please tell me there's a way to disable this! submitted by /u/LehBigBoi [link] [comments]...
  8. COLOR CHANGE - EDGE BROSWER

COLOR CHANGE - EDGE BROSWER: How do I change the is horrible red & pink font color in Microsoft Edge? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/color-change-edge-broswer/881b36f0-17b4-4215-9272-5e373e2eca37
  9. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...
  10. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f1 opens microsoft edge

2. f1 opens microsoct edge tips

3. f1 opens edge how to change

4. f1 opens microsoft edge tips,
  5. pressing F1 launches edge