Windows 10: Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q

Discus and support Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7570 and whenever I press the keys D, E and A at the same time or in quick succession, the keyboard cycles between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oliverjane, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q

I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7570 and whenever I press the keys D, E and A at the same time or in quick succession, the keyboard cycles between writing q and writing a.

:)

oliverjane, Nov 25, 2018
  2. lala Win User

Pressing '0' (zero) yields 'q', regardless of keyboard and layout

It doesn't appear like my layout swaps the two keys:

Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q [​IMG]

Pressing 'q' yields 'q'.

And as I said, this happens regardless of which layout is used in Windows. My custom layout is called "atomic layout".

When "Norwegian keyboard" is selected, it clearly writes using Norwegian layout, and not "atomic".

PS: Using KeyCodes3.exe, this is the output I get when I press the 'q' and '0' keys, respectively (couldn't copy):

3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2018
  4. AFTommy Win User

Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q

Keyboard keys switched

After the latest windows insider update some keys on my keyboard have changed. For example " is now @ and the opposite as well. Meaning if I want the @ key as in a email address, I must push the " key. I cant seem to find a way to reset to default. The normal keyboard default does nothing. The other changes are listed below, the errors are in bold red;

! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =

Q W E R T Y U I O P { } ~

q w e r t y u i o p [ ] #

A S D F G H J K L : @

a s d f g h j k l ; '

Z X C V B N M < > ?

z x c v b n m , . /

AFTommy, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q

1. Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q - Similar Threads - Pressing keys D+E+A

2. Keyboard spams q key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard spams q key: Hi my keyboard on my thinkpad L13 10th generation keeps spamming the Q key I already tried the device manager thing the Pasting something into the command thing I tried turning off all the filter keys and sticky keys and even making a new profile in case mine was corrupt and...
  3. Keyboard spams q key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard spams q key: Hi my keyboard on my thinkpad L13 10th generation keeps spamming the Q key I already tried the device manager thing the Pasting something into the command thing I tried turning off all the filter keys and sticky keys and even making a new profile in case mine was corrupt and...
  4. Keyboard spams q key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My Q key presses the up arrow key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Q key presses the up arrow key: Hello! So, a few days ago, I was playing a game, which uses the Q key to dash. Then, suddenly, Q key was not working anymore. After a few tries, I realized the Q key was working, but not for up, left and right, only for down. I can't use the ctrl key anymore, and my q key is...
  6. Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-d-e-c-and-number-3-only-work/910e05f2-3516-401c-abb4-34a0d361aa90
  7. Can't write lowercase Q

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't write lowercase Q: Hello, my pc can't type lowercase Q or Q without holding shift. It is not keyboard issue becouse i tried to type Q on another pc and it worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-write-lowercase-q/ff15a7b2-9b36-4bc4-b3c9-1cc7f1454810
  8. Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.: So everything with my keyboard has been fine until recently when the 'C' key stopped working, i have tried a number of things to fix it such as uninstall the drivers, install new ones, update software and firmware, run health checks, rebooting and many other things yet...
  9. Win 10 Right key and "D" key randomly being pressed without keyboard plugged in

Win 10 Right key and "D" key randomly being pressed without keyboard plugged in: Good day and thanks in advance for any help. Recently I'm having this issue where the right arrow key input and sometimes the "D" key input is occurring without me pressing those keys. If leave my cursor on a line of text and walk away, it will eventually be at the end of...
  10. Pressing '0' (zero) yields 'q', regardless of keyboard and layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Pressing '0' (zero) yields 'q', regardless of keyboard and layout: I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. I have made a custom keyboard layout in Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.I have 2 keyboards. One with norwegian physical layout. Using any of the two keyboards, and any layout/language input method in Windows 10 (English US,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keycodes3.exe