Windows 10: Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key

Discus and support Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I play games on my PC (basically any gaming program I have), I would normally would like to adjust my volume and such, but when I do, it sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GPUOverHeat, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key

When I play games on my PC (basically any gaming program I have), I would normally would like to adjust my volume and such, but when I do, it sometimes outputs another key. For example, when I press the Mute button, it would also press the D key, which is very annoying in some situations. This also happens with my Volume Down (presses C key) and Volume Up (presses B) keys. Is there anyway to fix this so that I am able to use my media keys normally?

:)

GPUOverHeat, Aug 4, 2019

2. Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key

When I play games on my PC (basically any gaming program I have), I would normally would like to adjust my volume and such, but when I do, it sometimes outputs another key. For example, when I press the Mute button, it would also press the D key, which
    is very annoying in some situations. This also happens with my Volume Down (presses C key) and Volume Up (presses B) keys. Is there anyway to fix this so that I am able to use my media keys normally?

GPUOverHeat, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    3. What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    4. Have you tried using the keyboard on another PC?
    5. Have you tried using any other multimedia keyboard on the same PC on which you are facing the issue?
    6. Are you using any keyboard modifier software on the PC?
    7. How the keyboard is connected to the PC?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

You can try running the keyboard troubleshooter and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows +
      I key together to open Settings and click on
      Update
      & Security.
    2. Now click on Troubleshoot on the left hand pane.
    3. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Keyboard.
    4. Click on Run the Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please get back to us with detailed information to assist you further.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key

[SOLVED] Budget keyboard with QUIET keys and/or small keys? Business or gaming.

UPDATE: after some suggestions on various keyboards, i ultimately landed on the suggested keyboard named CHERRY STREAM 3.0 - and wow! what an a-m-a-z-i-n-g keyboard this is!! the feel is just great, the keys fit me so good, it's even more quiet than apples keyboard, they keys are as small as they should be AND it was surprisingly CHEAP compared to other keyboards! and nice bonuses (for me): it contains USEFUL shortkeys/media keys which i use frequently. the quality feels stunningly great, which again results in the keyboard being rather heavy comparing to my other "old" keyboards, not that it's such a bad thing, tbh. the only but yet so small negative thing i can point out with this is the fact that the lighting for the lock-buttons is VERY bright, so when you are watching a movie, they certainly are making its strong shine. i do believe there might be a way to fix that, though. i just havent gotten that far yet. OVERALL: this keyboard is the BEST keyboard i've had AND tried so far for my purposes! probably one of the best all-around keyboards there is under $50. totally worth the blind buy i did, and i have suggested the keyboard to my friends who are also looking for an excellent keyboard, which is what cherry stream 3.0 is! totally recommended and worth the wait!!

minstreless, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key

1. Pressing Media Keys On My Keyboard in Some Programs Triggers/Outputs Another Key - Similar Threads - Pressing Media Keys

2. some keys on my keyboard only work while another key is held.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some keys on my keyboard only work while another key is held.: My f1, f2, 2 and esc keys only work is another key is pressed at the same time. I've tried messing with drivers and keyboard settings, but they don't change anything.Any suggestions on fixes?My setup is an Asus Strix laptop...
  3. some keys on my keyboard only work while another key is held.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some keys on my keyboard only work while another key is held.: My f1, f2, 2 and esc keys only work is another key is pressed at the same time. I've tried messing with drivers and keyboard settings, but they don't change anything.Any suggestions on fixes?My setup is an Asus Strix laptop...
  4. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  5. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  6. Volume decrease key is acting as another key in some programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume decrease key is acting as another key in some programs: I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 and recently my volume decrease key, which shares the same spot as the f7 key, has been acting as the c key in multiple programs like Roblox, Half Life 2, and portal two. I tried to check the mapping of the keys but with Roblox all of the...
  7. Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard

Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard: When I press and/or hold down that alt key on my keyboard. My computer just does random stuff like turn on CAPS LOCK, muting discord using my keyboard shortcut, close apps, open apps. From what I see on the virtual keyboard keys just get randomly pushed every time I press...
  8. Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.

Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.: Hello, The '2' key on my laptop stopped working properly a few days ago. Up till now, it would start working again when it's pressed very hard, and then it would work properly. But now, it has stopped working even when I press hard. I found out that if I press the 'W' key...
  9. CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL Key being triggered without the physical key being pressed: Randomly my computer will act like my CTRL button is being held down and unless I press CTRL and ESC it doesnt FIX itself sometimes this doesn't work and I have to reboot. I have tried swapping keyboards and I have all the USELESS STICKY KEY functions disable for good reason....
  10. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs: My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen....