Windows 10: Pressing Space Bar on Keyboard and Windows run from OFF.

Discus and support Pressing Space Bar on Keyboard and Windows run from OFF. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I swished the PC with Windows 10 Off, then if I press the space bar on Keyboard, Windows runs on again. Would you please help me to stop this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kimet, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Kimet Win User

Pressing Space Bar on Keyboard and Windows run from OFF.

Hi

I swished the PC with Windows 10 Off, then if I press the space bar on Keyboard, Windows runs on again.

Would you please help me to stop this, thanks,

:)

Kimet, Feb 20, 2021

2. Keyboard issue on space bar and backspace

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on keyboard.

I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may occur when drivers are not updated.

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on Settings window
    • Go to Network icon
    • Choose Network & Internet category.
    • The second setting on the left column is Airplane mode.
    • Turn it On and check if it helps.

Method 2: Update the drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your Keyboard devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Restart the computer and check.

Method 3: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the Keyboard
    drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

You can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Shubham Chaubey, Feb 20, 2021
  3. mb300e Win User
    Turn Off Browser Scrolling When by Space Bar is Pressed

Windows 10 Pro 1709, MS Surface Book, Chrome and IE Browser.

Any time I have Chrome or IE browser open the screen scrolls down one page each time I press the keyboard Space Bar, then up one page when I press Shift+Space Bar

When I am typing on a web page I'll often inadvertently touch the Space Bar, the screen scrolls then the page I am typing on moves off screen out of view. It is very annoying.

How do I turn this feature OFF.

Thanks in advance.

mb300e, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Pressing Space Bar on Keyboard and Windows run from OFF.

Space..Bar

Hi Regina,

There are different reasons why your space bar and other keys are not responding.
    For us to properly isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• When was the last time that your space bar and other keys were working?
    • Have you made any changes on your machine prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your machine?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run a
    quick test scan
    first on your computer to check for possible errors.
    You can visit your computer manufacturer’s website to access their
    Diagnostic Tool. The tool will help us determine if the issue has something to do with the hardware or software of
    your computer. If an error is detected, it will automatically fix and recommend other troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Pressing Space Bar on Keyboard and Windows run from OFF.

1. Pressing Space Bar on Keyboard and Windows run from OFF. - Similar Threads - Pressing Space Bar

2. Space bar, back space and enter keyboard buttons are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Space bar, back space and enter keyboard buttons are not working: Few suggestions which I checked online asked to use keyboard trouble shooter. Keyboard trouble shooter seems to be not present in windows 11. How do I get keyboard space, enter, back space to work?Thank you...
  3. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume raises when space bar is pressed.: So i recently got a Bluetooth keyboard Anker A7726 and it was working fine until i noticed that whenever I pressed the spacebar the volume raised. I was playing a game where I had to constantly be tapping it, so whenever i had to, the volume would raise until it was at max....
  4. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

Volume raises when space bar is pressed.: So i recently got a Bluetooth keyboard Anker A7726 and it was working fine until i noticed that whenever I pressed the spacebar the volume raised. I was playing a game where I had to constantly be tapping it, so whenever i had to, the volume would raise until it was at max....
  5. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Pressing space bar puts windows to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pressing space bar puts windows to sleep: After updating Windows 10 feature update latest version after pressing the taskbar and a few lower keys the computer goes to sleep it is a new teclast and out of the box I notice it had this problem but was resolved after the first set of updates. But after the future update...
  7. Pressing space bar puts windows to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing space bar puts windows to sleep: After updating Windows 10 feature update latest version after pressing the taskbar and a few lower keys the computer goes to sleep it is a new teclast and out of the box I notice it had this problem but was resolved after the first set of updates. But after the future update...
  8. Pressing space bar puts windows to sleep

9. Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only on a specific keyboard the space bar turns off the computer: I have a skytech gaming pc with a GTX 1660 and it came with a handy gaming keyboard made by skytech. It worked just fine for a few weeks but now every time i press space key it suddenly without warning shuts off my computer, sometimes i can manage to press cancel but...
  10. Turn Off Browser Scrolling When by Space Bar is Pressed

in Browsers and Email
    Turn Off Browser Scrolling When by Space Bar is Pressed: Windows 10 Pro 1709, MS Surface Book, Chrome and IE Browser. Any time I have Chrome or IE browser open the screen scrolls down one page each time I press the keyboard Space Bar, then up one page when I press Shift+Space Bar When I am typing on a web page I'll often...