Windows 10: Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

Discus and support Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SeraphimKnight, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar options has not fixed this behavior at all. Googling around for the problem I can't seem to find anyone else with this particular bug. Windows + D and right click taskbar > show desktop exhibit this same behavior. I don't remember changing any related setting anytime recently so this whole things is baffling to me.

:)

SeraphimKnight, Sep 29, 2022

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Cerawy Win User
    I want to hide the show desktop button

I want to hide the show desktop button on my taskbar, as im not really using it. I was wondering if it's possible to hide it with winaero tweaker, does anyone know?

Cerawy, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

How to show/hide taskbar

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try the simple steps and check if that helps.

• Right click on the task bar and click on properties.

• To hide the task bar you can check on the box Auto-hide taskbar.

Or

• To reduce the taskbar size you can check on the box Use small taskbar button.

• Now click on Apply and Ok.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

1. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar? - Similar Threads - Pressing show desktop

2. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  3. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  4. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  5. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  6. Show Desktop button in taskbar

Show Desktop button in taskbar: All of my Windows computers have had a "show desktop" button in the taskbar but my Windows 10 computer does not. Can anyone tell me how to put one there? Many thanks for your help. Peter E. Dietz...
  7. Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar

Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar: You know, this little bugger. Any way to natively hide it with a registry hack? I've used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker but I hate how it HAS to run in the background. Help is appreciated. Thanks! 81055
  8. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...
  9. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10: How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Starting with Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail...
  10. Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Ink Workspace does), and tapping on it will bring it up the virtual touchpad. Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, the...