Windows 10: Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive

Discus and support Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I updated Windows to allow the new Xbox app and ever since then every time I press the start button my PC becomes unresponsive. Any ideas how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeWookieMonster, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive

Hi,

I updated Windows to allow the new Xbox app and ever since then every time I press the start button my PC becomes unresponsive.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot why?

:)

LeWookieMonster, Jun 21, 2019
  2. vijkanwar Win User

Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive

Now & then when I start my computer, nothing appears in the task bar, the Microsoft Start button at the bottom left fails to respond to either a left or right click, the Cortana window "Ask me anything" & the Task View are also unresponsive'
    I then restart the computer either by pressing the power button for some time or by the Ctrl/Alt/Delete process. On re-starting everything is fine.
    What I don't know is how to prevent this problem from occurring again.

vijkanwar, Jun 21, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
  4. Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive

Start button unresponsive

I recently installed Windows 10, and the Start button is unresponsive -- no start menu, no way to Shut Down or Restart. The only way to turn off my desktop PC is with the power button. I was taught that such "hard shutdowns" aren't good for a computer
    and should be avoided if possible.

DallasChuck, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive

1. Pressing the Start button makes my computer unresponsive - Similar Threads - Pressing Start button

2. Windows 11 start menu button unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu button unresponsive: After applying the cumulative february update windows 11 my start menu became unresponsive, even completely freezing my firefox browser sometimes when i tried to open the start menu, i couldn´t click anywhere else for some second, I deleted the update and waited for march...
  3. Windows 11 start menu button unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 start menu button unresponsive: After applying the cumulative february update windows 11 my start menu became unresponsive, even completely freezing my firefox browser sometimes when i tried to open the start menu, i couldn´t click anywhere else for some second, I deleted the update and waited for march...
  4. Computer Won't Start Until Motherboard Power Button Pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Won't Start Until Motherboard Power Button Pressed: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard. I wonder what I did to deserve this. I can't afford replacement parts or a new machine, so stuck in the stone age I guess. It would be nice, however, if the case power button worked like it always has in the past. Picture of machine attached....
  5. Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive: Been having problems since the 2nd July 2021 after a "security intelligence update KB2267602 v. 1.343.233.0". The system calculator wouldn't open, nor would volume control from the system tray. When I shut down that night, I was prompted to update and shut down. The next day...
  6. Pressing buttons makes my keyboard open random appa

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing buttons makes my keyboard open random appa: So while i casually play games, idk what i press, and then all of a sudden whenever i press any key it will open apps. For example if i press w it will bring up whiteboard. I have read that pressing windows and alt at the same time fixes it and it does, but i wanna stop it...
  7. How to fix unresponsive Start button in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix unresponsive Start button in Win10: My start button has become unresponsive. Everything else seems to work but the start button. I've power cycled but no luck. How can I fix this?...
  8. Computer starts if I press any keyboard button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer starts if I press any keyboard button: When I press any of the buttons on the keyboard, my computer starts. I am sure it is not in the Sleep, Hibernate or Standby modes. I use Asus laptop and have reset it to factory default recently. It seems to me the issue has shown up after upgrading to the latest version of...
  9. Start Button Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Unresponsive: My start button and Windows key frequently become unresponsive. The only thing I can do is sign out and sign back in or restart manually. This happens at least once a day, and I'm getting really tired of it. It seems to have started after the last version of Windows 10 was...
  10. Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive: Now & then when I start my computer, nothing appears in the task bar, the Microsoft Start button at the bottom left fails to respond to either a left or right click, the Cortana window "Ask me anything" & the Task View are also unresponsive' I then restart the computer...