Windows 10: Pressing w minimizes active window

Discus and support Pressing w minimizes active window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone seen an issue in Windows 10 Pro, where pressing w in a search bar in file explorer, Virtual DJ 8, or Serato DJ on a laptop, minimizes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GwizdjRG, Sep 16, 2018.

1. GwizdjRG Win User

Pressing w minimizes active window

Has anyone seen an issue in Windows 10 Pro, where pressing w in a search bar in file explorer, Virtual DJ 8, or Serato DJ on a laptop, minimizes the active window and shows all windows and a vertical timeline? Pressing W (capital w) doesn't do this only lower-case w. CTRL-ALT-P seems to fix this, but I want to know why and if I can prevent this from occurring every time I boot up the laptop because it is destroying my DJ performances.

:)

GwizdjRG, Sep 16, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 16, 2018
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Pressing w minimizes active window

Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Pressing w minimizes active window

1. Pressing w minimizes active window - Similar Threads - Pressing minimizes active

2. when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing: when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-window-key-its-automatically/7c5ff85b-5bec-40e5-a4ff-393aad772c4f
  3. when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing: when I press the window key it's automatically minimizing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-window-key-its-automatically/7c5ff85b-5bec-40e5-a4ff-393aad772c4f
  4. PC freezes on Minimizing the game by pressing windows key on Win11

PC freezes on Minimizing the game by pressing windows key on Win11: My PC is freezing when i press Windows Key to minimize the game i am playing.Not everytime but once or twice a week but on a regular basis. This problem mostly happens when i try to minimize Valorant competitive title by pressing windows key. Though i limited in-game FPS to...
  5. PC freezes on Minimizing the game by pressing windows key on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes on Minimizing the game by pressing windows key on Win11: My PC is freezing when i press Windows Key to minimize the game i am playing.Not everytime but once or twice a week but on a regular basis. This problem mostly happens when i try to minimize Valorant competitive title by pressing windows key. Though i limited in-game FPS to...
  6. Issue w/ Minimizing to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue w/ Minimizing to Desktop: Hi, I'm having a weird problem with minimizing from full screen apps to desktop. I am unable to minimize to desktop while in-game. I've tried Alt+Tab keys and Windows key, but none of these seem helpful. It was fine then, but troublesome now. I don't understand the reason....
  7. Issue w/ Minimizing to Desktop

Issue w/ Minimizing to Desktop: Hi, I'm having a weird problem with minimizing from full screen apps to desktop. I am unable to minimize to desktop while in-game. I've tried Alt+Tab keys and Windows key, but none of these seem helpful. It was fine then, but troublesome now. I don't understand the reason....
  8. Issue w/ Minimizing to Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Pressing Ctrl and then pressing W does nothing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing Ctrl and then pressing W does nothing.: This issue is mainly in games and other things.Pressing Ctrl + W acts like it's stuck!Stickey Keys and anything like that is turned off, and this annoyes me because i cant do a lot of things!Any solution?...
  10. I suddenly can't press W and A, W and D at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I suddenly can't press W and A, W and D at the same time: Please help.. It was working before but it just went off.. sorry for bad englishe submitted by /u/Adventurous-Sound-93 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m353s0/i_suddenly_cant_press_w_and_a_w_and_d_at_the_same/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pressing m minimizing browser

2. pressing @ key minimizes active window