Windows 10: Pressing windows key twice

Discus and support Pressing windows key twice in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i press window key twice it takes the app i have under forward, happens when im fullscreen in something submitted by /u/Brockssss [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brockssss, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Pressing windows key twice

When i press window key twice it takes the app i have under forward, happens when im fullscreen in something

submitted by /u/Brockssss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brockssss, Jan 4, 2021
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 4, 2021
  4. LuiNog Win User

Pressing windows key twice

why must I press the modifiers twice for them to work?

Hi again! Sorry!

You should follow this step:

2. To specify that when a modifier key (CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT), or the Windows logo key is pressed twice in succession, the key will remain active until the key is pressed again, under Options, select the "Lock the modifier key when pressed twice in a row" check

box.

Or/and the right below check box ("Turn off Sticky keys when....") to see if anything changes in your side.

Sincerely,

Lui N.

LuiNog, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Pressing windows key twice

1. Pressing windows key twice - Similar Threads - Pressing key twice

2. Windows Key is permanently pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key is permanently pressed.: Hello,In windows 10, from time to time my windows key is permanently pressed. It acts like if I am pressing it when I am not. When I only press the E key, or the space bar, it lunches file explorer or keyboard language selection. I don’t want my windows key to be permanently...
  3. Windows Key is permanently pressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key is permanently pressed.: Hello,In windows 10, from time to time my windows key is permanently pressed. It acts like if I am pressing it when I am not. When I only press the E key, or the space bar, it lunches file explorer or keyboard language selection. I don’t want my windows key to be permanently...
  4. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  5. keys not pressing

keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  6. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Need to press the quote " key twice in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to press the quote " key twice in windows 10: Taken from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-press-the-quote-key-twice/961fc04f-367f-4527-9724-d0e0a79edb5fPosting again as it may help since above thread is locked. How i solved it in windows 10, since the suggestion/answer given in above did not...
  8. Need to press the quote " key twice in windows 10

Need to press the quote " key twice in windows 10: Taken from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-press-the-quote-key-twice/961fc04f-367f-4527-9724-d0e0a79edb5fPosting again as it may help since above thread is locked. How i solved it in windows 10, since the suggestion/answer given in above did not...
  9. Need to press the quote " key twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to press the quote " key twice: Hello. I recently bought a keyboard with US layout I'm from Argentina and it is a compact version so I dont have the arrow keys and the numpad. Anyway, I set the windows language for the keyboard on US International because it lets me have the letter ñ by pressing AltR + n...
  10. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...