Windows 10: Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two!

Discus and support Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I only want norwegian English United Kingdom and Norwegian bokmål. this is what my language settings look like:[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LucaFossen, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two!

Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two! 5bbb0cf7-7286-456c-b300-c20feffc476c?upload=true.png

I only want norwegian English United Kingdom and Norwegian bokmål.

this is what my language settings look like: Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two! 4d9da9c8-22f1-4762-9cbb-5067a3acba01?upload=true.png

:)

LucaFossen, Jul 23, 2020
  2. John DeV Win User

Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two!

Hello LucaFossen,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with extra keyboard language.

Press Start then search Powershell

Right Click then Run as administrator

Paste the command below then hit Enter:

$UserLanguage = New-WinUserLanguageList en-GB

After that, Paste the command below then hit Enter:

Set-WinUserLanguageList $UserLanguage

Exit Powershell then restart your computer

After restart, English (United Kingdom) will be the only keyboard layout under Preferred Languages. Kindly add the Norwegian keyboard layout again.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two!

Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two! 5bbb0cf7-7286-456c-b300-c20feffc476c?upload=true.png

I only want norwegian English (United Kingdom) and Norwegian (bokmål).

this is what my language settings look like:
    Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two! 4d9da9c8-22f1-4762-9cbb-5067a3acba01?upload=true.png

LucaFossen, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

I can not change display language

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to remove the language and try to re-add download the Chinese language and check if it helps.

To change the language follow the steps below.

• Press and hold the Windows logo key and then press the Spacebar repeatedly, you will be able to switch between the languages.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Pressing Windows + Spacebar brings up 5 different languages, I only want two! - Similar Threads - Pressing Spacebar brings

2. Weird Language Option when pressing WinKey + Spacebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Language Option when pressing WinKey + Spacebar: Hi, When I press the Windows-Key and Spacebar, I get this weird Language Option QAA, which changes my Keyboard-Layout completely. I have nowhere defined it and I have no Idea where it comes from. I neither could find a reference to it in the language settings nor in the...
  3. Weird Language Option when pressing WinKey + Spacebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Language Option when pressing WinKey + Spacebar: Hi, When I press the Windows-Key and Spacebar, I get this weird Language Option QAA, which changes my Keyboard-Layout completely. I have nowhere defined it and I have no Idea where it comes from. I neither could find a reference to it in the language settings nor in the...
  4. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  5. Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed

Spacebar Only Works when FN Key is NOT Pressed: SummeryWhen using my normal function keys, the FN key MUST be pressed. This means when gaming, the FN key must be held at all times. Problem: When the FN key is pressed my spacebar does not work. When the FN key is not pressed, the spacebar works. No other key on my keyboard...
  6. Why cant i press spacebar whilist holding shift left only

Why cant i press spacebar whilist holding shift left only: i dont know why but i cant use shift and space at the same time. An example is that while im running with shift, i have to stop and press spacebar then go back to running which makes almost every game unplayable...
  7. Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps

Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps: Hi,I have some of my Microsoft apps, like OneDrive App, Mail and others shown in Finnish, despite my language setting being English.I have recently moved from Australia to Finland and started to learn the Finnish language. Not being remotely close to properly communicate...
  8. Two issues to bring up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two issues to bring up.: First... Is it just me, or is Windows disabling devices when you postpone updates too much? I'm not a saint, I know updates are important. I just have a very inconsistent sleep schedule, and am annoyed by having to boot everything up every update. But it feels like every...
  9. Spacebar only works if pressed in the middle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spacebar only works if pressed in the middle: I have an HP Spectre X 360 laptop. My spacebar only works if pressed in the middle. The keyboard was replaced by an HP technician. It still has the same problem. I bought an external keyboard HP wireless and the spacebar works fine. It does not appear to be a hardware...
  10. Two administration accounts in different languages

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two administration accounts in different languages: Hello I have bought and installed in English win 10 for my ladies computer who is Thai. I have made a few attempts at creating another admin user account with Thai as the system language. This has worked ok with all menus etc. in Thai language but where I finding...