Windows 10: Prevent a child account from going to SIGN OUT on Microsoft.com

Discus and support Prevent a child account from going to SIGN OUT on Microsoft.com in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have created a Child account in my Microsoft Family. It works fine, however when going to Microsoft.com, if my child SIGNS OUT of his child... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Vtec525, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Vtec525 Win User

Prevent a child account from going to SIGN OUT on Microsoft.com

I have created a Child account in my Microsoft Family.

It works fine, however when going to Microsoft.com, if my child SIGNS OUT of his child account in the browser, he has full access to ENTERTAINMENT:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/movies-and-tv?icid=TopNavMoviesTv

HOW CAN I PREVENT THE CHILD FROM SIGNING OUT OF THE BROWSER?!

:)

Vtec525, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Attrition Win User

Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Prevent a child account from going to SIGN OUT on Microsoft.com

child account

See if this helps:

Set up My Family on the Windows Phone website

My Family on the Windows Phone website is the way to turn on app and game downloads for a child's phone. If the child has a Windows Phone 8, you'll also be
    able to manage their app and game download settings, including game ratings, on the My Family page.

To set up My Family, you'll need to sign in with both the child's and the parent's

Microsoft account
    email address and password. Then you can accept the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use so the child can download apps.

If you want the child to be able to download Xbox games as well, you'll need to go to the
    Xbox website and accept the Xbox Terms of Use on their behalf. This is separate from the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use.

Running into issues? See
    My Family FAQ
    for answers to some common setup questions.

Note

My Family is only available for Windows Phone 8.

To set up My Family so a child can download apps and games

• On your computer, go to
      My Family
      on the Windows Phone website.

• Sign in using the parent's
      Microsoft account
      email address and password. If the parent doesn't have a Windows Phone, that's fine—you can still set up My Family. If the parent doesn't have a Microsoft account, you'll have a chance to create one.

• On the My Family setup page, click Get started.

• To add the child to My Family, click Go. On the sign-in page, enter the child's Microsoft account email address and password. If the child doesn't have a Microsoft account, click

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Fix it and follow the instructions to accept the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use. Now the child can download apps from the Windows Phone Store.

• To enable the child to download Xbox games as well, go to Xbox.com, sign in with the child's account, and follow the instructions to accept the Xbox Terms of Use.

Tip

You can also add another parent to My Family so both parents can jointly manage kids' settings. Go to the My Family home page and click
    Add a parent. Parents won't be able to change each other's settings.

To change app download settings for a child
    You can set whether or not a child can download apps and games from the Windows Phone Store and which game ratings you want the child to be able to view and download.

• On your computer, go to windowsphone.com.

• In the drop-down menu under Explore, click My Family.

• Sign in using the
      Microsoft account
      you use to sign in to your phone.

Note

If you're already signed in to windowsphone.com, you'll see your name, not
      Explore, at the top of the drop-down menu, and this sign-in step will be skipped.

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Change settings, and then do any of the following:
      • To allow the child to purchase apps and games, under App+game downloads, select
        Allow free and paid.
      • To allow the child to download only free apps and games, under App+game downloads, select
        Allow free only. This will also prevent the child from making in-app purchases, even from within free apps.
      • To prevent the child from downloading any apps or games, under App+game downloads, select
        Don't allow.
      • To set the most mature game rating you want the child to be able to browse or download, turn on the
        Game rating filter. To go to the Microsoft Family Safety website and change the rating, click
        Change rating.
      • To allow the child to browse and download unrated games, select the check box next to
        Allow unrated games. (Some unrated games might have content you'd rather the child not see.)
      Note

When the Game rating filter is turned off, the game rating settings are hidden. Turn it on to reveal them.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Prevent a child account from going to SIGN OUT on Microsoft.com

1. Prevent a child account from going to SIGN OUT on Microsoft.com - Similar Threads - Prevent child account

2. Sign out of child account on local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  3. Sign out of child account on local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  4. How can I prevent my child's account from signing them out of Edge Kids Mode?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I prevent my child's account from signing them out of Edge Kids Mode?: I have set up a child account on my computer and I've configure Edge Kids Mode to function as a kiosk. The problem that I'm having is when I test leaving kids mode, it uses my child's account credentials. How can I get kids mode to only request/use the parent account...
  5. Prevent my childs account from getting locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent my childs account from getting locked out: Hi,My daughters computer has decided to lock her out really, really frequently. I would like to turn this off. It says "This computer is locked, please come back in 2 hours" or something along those lines. The problem is, it is doing this even if she only gets her passcode...
  6. Sign out Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign out Microsoft account: Hi, I have three laptops connected to the same Microsoft account. How can I log out of the Microsoft account on one of the laptops. When I received it, it didn't have a Microsoft account on it, and I want it to stay that way. That is, in Start at account setting, there...
  7. get money out child's Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    get money out child's Microsoft account: My grand children use to come to our home almost every day and we had accounts for them. Now with covid they do not come. I would like to get the little money they had in their accounts in a digital form so I can email to them. Can any one tell me how? Thanks Dale Gross...
  8. Sign out of Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign out of Microsoft account: I am returning my laptop to store how can I remove my microsoft account from it before returning Also the screen is damaged it is not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-of-microsoft-account/79d313ff-37a7-435f-b659-586498d74e6b
  9. Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing

Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing: My child is able to remove themselves from our Microsoft Family monitoring making the restrictions we set useless. Is there a way to prevent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-how-to-prevent-child-from/c3b43da6-ee69-4a65-978d-cd05236b2fe5
  10. Preventing Installing Microsoft Store Apps for Child Accounts

Preventing Installing Microsoft Store Apps for Child Accounts: I've researched this pretty thoroughly and there are several posts already about it. The other posts I think are pretty clear about what they're trying to achieve but it seems that the responses don't understand the current Windows ecosystem and tools available ex:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to prevent kid sign off microsoft family safty