Windows 10: Prevent Accidental Deletion

Discus and support Prevent Accidental Deletion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What's the easiest way to protect a file from accidental deletion? I'm looking for something similar to setting "Read-only" in Properties. 34539 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregyurkon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Prevent Accidental Deletion

What's the easiest way to protect a file from accidental deletion? I'm looking for something similar to setting "Read-only" in Properties.

:)

gregyurkon, Dec 19, 2015
  2. OAE
    oae Win User

I accidentally downloaded windows 10, where can I find and delete these files?

I accidentally downloaded windows 10, where can I find and delete these files in order to prevent accidental installment bu Window Update??

3. Repairing the System Without Losing Data or Changing Any Settings

System folders are protected by default to prevent accidentally deleting of system files. Windows.old too is a component of System files. You should usually be able to delete everything except contents of C:/

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Prevent Accidental Deletion

Umm, never mind. Shortly after posting, I searched the Internet one more time, and I found instructions for either W7 or W8, and they were close enough. I forgot exactly what some of the things I clicked were called, but if anyone wants to know, I'll find the exact steps and post them.

gregyurkon, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

Prevent Accidental Deletion

1. Prevent Accidental Deletion - Similar Threads - Prevent Accidental Deletion

2. Accidentally removed/deleted drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Accidentally removed/deleted drivers: Well I can't believe the anguish this has put me through. I foolishly uninstalled my gpu drivers and also clicked the box to delete all files etc. As if that wasnt bad enough I carelessly followed advice I shouldn't have and removed my GPU after retrieving it from 'hidden...
  3. Accidentally deleted office 365.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted office 365.: I accidentally deleted all my office 365 programs. Is there any ways to recover them? Can't recover through Settings>Recovery, becuz my protection was off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-deleted-office-365/d81dc47a-4e70-4f47-8b8c-d50649f543f7"
  4. accidentally deleted a windows partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted a windows partition: Hi i was trying to merge a small partition with a much larger one, ( wish now I hadn’t bothered ) using Easeus partition manager. It warned me that the partition to be added had some problems and would be dangerous to proceed, so I chose cancel, but somehow it deleted the...
  5. Synaptics software accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics software accidentally deleted: Following some problems with a 3 year old Acer Cloudbook I had a PC shop re install a fresh Windows 10 and delete the original version. I had previously done something to change the touchpad settings and had resolved it by installing updated drivers. I think I might have...
  6. Accidentally deleted photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted photos: I just finished moving photos from my android phone to my laptop, then I accidentally undo everything using Ctrl+z like three times, I was out of focus that time. then I realize that everything that I move from my phone was gone. Is it possible to recover that photos? I...
  7. Accidentally deleted windows files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted windows files.: So an accident happened. I was messing around with a Windows XP vm in virtualbox and discovered it had a file manager. So what if i deleted the C:\ drive of the VM? I did exactly that, but instead accidentally chose the actual C:\ drive on my actual system and did not realize...
  8. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...
  9. Junk folder accidentally deleted

in Browsers and Email
    Junk folder accidentally deleted: On Outlook.com, I accidentally deleted my Junk Email folder. Now it appears under Deleted Items, it still handles junk correctly but I can't seem to move it back where it belongs. Anyone know the solution? TIA*Smile [img] 62804
  10. accidentally deleted the administrations folder

in Windows 10 Support
    accidentally deleted the administrations folder: Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10 93643