Windows 10: Prevent Active Window Changing

Discus and support Prevent Active Window Changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have looked but I am unable to find a solution to my problem. I am wanting to disable Windows from changing the active window with new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Juantjie, May 30, 2020.

1. Juantjie Win User

Prevent Active Window Changing

Hi all, I have looked but I am unable to find a solution to my problem.
    I am wanting to disable Windows from changing the active window with new windows. If I am working on something, I would like *all* new window instanced to open in the background. Too many times have I missed something important with a new window popping up! (Running version 1909 build 18363.836)
    Is there any way to do this? Thank you! - Juan

:)

Juantjie, May 30, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 30, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

4. Prevent Active Window Changing

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Prevent Active Window Changing

1. Prevent Active Window Changing - Similar Threads - Prevent Active Window

2. Prevent NTFS rights changes Windows Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent NTFS rights changes Windows Server: Hello all,Is it possible to have an Administrator account without the possibility of changing NTFS permissions of shared folder ?My objective : if an Administrator want to modify NTFS permissions, an action must be done.Without this action, he can't modify NTFS...
  3. Prevent NTFS rights changes Windows Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent NTFS rights changes Windows Server: Hello all,Is it possible to have an Administrator account without the possibility of changing NTFS permissions of shared folder ?My objective : if an Administrator want to modify NTFS permissions, an action must be done.Without this action, he can't modify NTFS...
  4. Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours: Sometimes I notice that my Edge browser is very slow to respond. It is very annoying when I am trying to getthings done. An hour or so later I get a message from Windows Update that my device will restart outside of active hours. Is there any way to postpone Windows downloads...
  5. Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours: Sometimes I notice that my Edge browser is very slow to respond. It is very annoying when I am trying to getthings done. An hour or so later I get a message from Windows Update that my device will restart outside of active hours. Is there any way to postpone Windows downloads...
  6. Prevent new Windows installation to activate discrete graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent new Windows installation to activate discrete graphics: I have a HP mobile workstation a laptop with a broken discrete graphics. I want to install Windows 11 but whenever the setup completes the installation process it freezes in a blank screen. It does that because Windows tries to install the graphics' drivers an AMD and it...
  7. Prevent new Windows installation to activate discrete graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent new Windows installation to activate discrete graphics: I have a HP mobile workstation a laptop with a broken discrete graphics. I want to install Windows 11 but whenever the setup completes the installation process it freezes in a blank screen. It does that because Windows tries to install the graphics' drivers an AMD and it...
  8. Prevent windows to automatically change audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent windows to automatically change audio device: Hi there ! I am using Windows 10, and there is a feature that seems comfortable for everybody that i find really annoying for my uses : when plugging a new audio device, Windows automatically adopts it as the default audio output. To me it's a problem because i am an audio...
  9. prevent windows from changing bootloader config

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    prevent windows from changing bootloader config: Hello, is there a way to prevent windows from changing the bootloader config on windows update? I already set up bios password but that somehow does not prevent windows from changing it. submitted by /u/xlogiic2 [link] [comments]...
  10. Hardware upgrade prevents windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware upgrade prevents windows activation: Many years ago i was given the free upgrade to windows 10 which i unfortunately did not link to my account. Now i just done a complete upgrade of my computer and am unable to activate my copy because of said missing link. I have run the troubleshooter and logged into my...