Windows 10: Prevent Application From Accessing Drive

Discus and support Prevent Application From Accessing Drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it possible to prevent an application like Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader, WinZip, etc. from accessing a drive (e.g., D:\) or a folder (e.g., D:\Data)?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ljlevend, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ljlevend Win User

Prevent Application From Accessing Drive

Is it possible to prevent an application like Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader, WinZip, etc. from accessing a drive (e.g., D:\) or a folder (e.g., D:\Data)?

Ideally I want one application on my system to not have read access to one of the drives on my system.

:)

ljlevend, Feb 7, 2019

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Feb 7, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Prevent Application From Accessing Drive

How to prevent creation of list of applications launched

How can I prevent the Registry from creating a list of applications launched from external media? I have App launch tracker turned off, but registry nevertheless contains an entry for example.exe previously launched from, and only contained on, a thumb drive? TIA

Nosirrah762, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Prevent Application From Accessing Drive

1. Prevent Application From Accessing Drive - Similar Threads - Prevent Application Accessing

2. Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.: Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet. The brwosers access Internet well, but other software lost Internet connection. I try many methods but it is useless for now. The hardware was fine, i dont know where the problem....
  3. Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.: Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet. The brwosers access Internet well, but other software lost Internet connection. I try many methods but it is useless for now. The hardware was fine, i dont know where the problem....
  4. Something preventing the applications from accessing Internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Prevent access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent access: I am removing our domain server. I am looking for a way to prevent staff from accessing files on the server and saving them to local drives. Here is the catch, they still need to be able to access them in VMWare client. Any thoughts on the best way to handle this?...
  6. Prevent access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent access: I am removing our domain server. I am looking for a way to prevent staff from accessing files on the server and saving them to local drives. Here is the catch, they still need to be able to access them in VMWare client. Any thoughts on the best way to handle this?...
  7. Prevent access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bitlocker preventing drive access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker preventing drive access: I have an SSD which was locked by bitlocker when I swapped it out. I tried to start another computer with the drive and got the key entry message, but each time I entered the key the computer would run into some problem launching Windows and restart this computer has...
  9. How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from accessing the Drives in File Explorer, then […] This article How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. One Drive prevents me from accessing Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive prevents me from accessing Word documents: Recently, even though I'm logged into One Drive, when I open Word documents saved on One Drive I get a message telling me to "sign in" and saying something about being unable to sync. I've never had this problem before. If I'm signed in, I should be able to access existing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent Windows 10 from accessing a: drive