Windows 10: prevent automatic installation of Korean language

Discus and support prevent automatic installation of Korean language in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft: I want to know something. I installed the Korean language. Now, I reinstalled Win. 10, but the Korean language automatically installed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulPChou, Apr 18, 2019.

1. PaulPChou Win User

prevent automatic installation of Korean language

Microsoft:

I want to know something. I installed the Korean language. Now, I reinstalled Win. 10, but the Korean language automatically installed. I have to manually remove it. How can it automatically get installed and how stop it from automatically installing? Hope Microsoft can give an explanation.

:)

PaulPChou, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Guy.Yeon Win User

Unable to download the Korean language pack for Windows 10

Dear Good Samaritan,

I'm using Windows 10 Home English Edition pre-installed in my HP laptop.

I'm okay with the menus written in

English.

All I want is to type in Korean time to time.

Whenever I reboot my system, I'm able to type in Korean for few minutes.

But after that the system tells me "Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature" and does not allow me to type in Korean.

Below are the few things I've tried but failed to download the Korean language pack:

* Set OFF for Metered connection.

* Followed the steps in https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-change-languages-windows-10/.

* Installed and executed Windows Troubleshooting file.

Below are the steps that repeatedly occur:

1. I reboot my system.

2. I'm able to type in Korean.

3. Few minute later, my system automatically tries to download the Korean language pack.

4. I receive a message that says, "Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature."

5. Immediately, I'm not able to type in Korean. (I wish to turn off the automatic language pack downloading option.)

6. I click the Korean language pack download buttons for Basic typing, Handwriting and Speech.

7. I get "Download failed" message for each button.

Would appreciate your kind help.

Regards,

Guy

Guy.Yeon, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Guy.Yeon Win User
    Unable to download the Korean language pack for Windows 10

Hi Andre,

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

Unfortunately I'm stuck at the step below and not able to download the language pack.

prevent automatic installation of Korean language 8b80f238-412d-41fd-a53c-0e79699a6a86.png

All I want is to type in Korean time to time.

If I reboot my system it allows me to type both in English and Korean.

But after few minutes the following things happen repeatedly:

1. My system automatically tries to download the Korean language pack. (Few months ago I had manually clicked the Korean language pack download option. It failed to download the pack.)

2. The automatic download fails. FYI, "Metered connection" is set OFF by default in my system.

3. Now the option to type in Korean disappears. (I wish I may be able to turn off the automatic Korean language pack download option.)

4. I keep clickng the 3 download buttons (Basic typing, Handwriting, Speech) for Korean language pack.

5. I only get "Download failed" message.

6. I reboot the system only to type in Korean for few minutes before the step 1, 2, 3 happen.

Regards

Guy

Guy.Yeon, Apr 18, 2019
  4. prevent automatic installation of Korean language

English Keyboard characters not displaying properly when Korean language is installed

Hi Kesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the system does not work the way it is supposed to.

1. Do you face the same issue with any other language installed?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

It could be possible that the Korean language is set as default app language for the system, and that might be the reason some of the characters are not displaying properly.

I would suggest you to try changing the default language to English and check if that helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Language.
    2. Now click on the Korean language and click on the ↓ button.
    3. Restart the system.

You can refer the screen shot below.

prevent automatic installation of Korean language 5130e37b-5e56-43c8-99b9-02488bb32b8e?upload=true.png

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

prevent automatic installation of Korean language

1. prevent automatic installation of Korean language - Similar Threads - prevent automatic installation

2. Why is there no Korean Language in SwiftKey iPad version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no Korean Language in SwiftKey iPad version?: No Korean language in iPad version of SwiftKey!!!* Moved from Community Center* Changed to a discussion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-korean-language-in-swiftkey-ipad/a44aed84-472f-474d-9a6e-8abfae48c441
  3. Why is there no Korean Language in SwiftKey iPad version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no Korean Language in SwiftKey iPad version?: No Korean language in iPad version of SwiftKey!!!* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-korean-language-in-swiftkey-ipad/a44aed84-472f-474d-9a6e-8abfae48c441
  4. Windows Mixed Reality breaks Korean language input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mixed Reality breaks Korean language input: Whenever I turn on mixed reality windows will no longer automatically form hangul syllable blocks until I restart my computer. Example : instead of I get I haven't be able to trouble shoot this myself and it's really frustrating....
  5. Windows 10 Search problem with Korean language.

Windows 10 Search problem with Korean language.: Hi, I have a stuck problem on my widnwos search if I change it to Korean language in system local. If I change it to English it works. Is there any way to solve this problem? Windows 1909 I can`t update it due to company policy Thanks Joseph...
  6. Prevent automatic driver installations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent automatic driver installations: After upgrading my pc to windows 10, the os seems to install serval drivers automatically without notifying about the driver packages. I want to disable this feature and prevent windows from downloading drivers automatically...
  7. Make Korean language as Windows Display Language

Make Korean language as Windows Display Language: Hello Experts, I am using Win 10 1903 x64 and where can get offline update for my korean language? the following function is seemed not working, looks keep searching-searching and searching. [ATTACH] I want my UI interface in windows is appears on Korean language....
  8. Can't get rid of the "korean" language option (not there?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get rid of the "korean" language option (not there?): so I updated to 1903 after making a macrium reflect backup of my 1809 setup, and there's something hinky going on I got the language bar on my taskbar visible, and its giving me two choices: english, or korean. I do not remember installing korean, and when I tried to...
  9. How to change default input language for Korean IME

How to change default input language for Korean IME: Hello, I'm using WIndows 10 Japanese edition, and I also use Korean IME. When I change IME Japanese to Korean, Korean IME is in English input mode. I have to change Korean IME state English to Korean(Hangul). How can I make Korean input mode(Hangul) is default in...
  10. English Keyboard characters not displaying properly when Korean language is installed

English Keyboard characters not displaying properly when Korean language is installed: Hi, I'm having trouble with English being displayed in the incorrect font whilst I have the Korean Langauge pack installed in Windows 10. See the screenshot below; [ATTACH]. This font should be as follows; [ATTACH] Also in programs like regedit and my LaTeX editor, some...