Windows 10: Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP

Discus and support Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to use Registry to change the internet setting when installing software to avoid the Window Explore FTP get cache's old file. here is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chau Chun, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Chau Chun Win User

Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP

I need to use Registry to change the internet setting when installing software to avoid the Window Explore FTP get cache's old file. here is the registry location

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-87606484-4066434185-3981657551-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
    "SyncMode5"=dword:00000003

but I found that there have 2 location to change this setting and both changes will affect this registry
    1. IE browser
    Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP fcdd6c25-67c8-4e2c-8690-ff643075a1d2?upload=true.jpg
    2. control panel > internet Option
    Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP f3ed88d4-ed2b-4878-9c42-d507cf0174e1?upload=true.jpg

but after I tested, if I use IE browser internet setting or cmd comment to change the SyncMode5 registry value, the registry will change but FTP still gets the old file. and If I changed the setting in control panel to "Everytime I visit this page", after I press ok button, it will auto change back to "Automatically" in next time I open this setting, but If I change the setting in control panel, whatever the setting change back "automatically" but the ftp will only get newer file.

I tested in azure VM and local VM still facing same problem

this is bug in window or there are still other registry location where I can completely change the setting?

:)

Chau Chun, Aug 16, 2020

2. No FTP access using File Explorer with Windows 10 and IE 11

What do I have to do to access the files of an ftp site using File Explorer in Windows 10 and IE 11. Advanced options for internet already checked for Enabling FTP access by File Explorer, but after selecting ALT/View/Open ftp site in File Explorer, there
    is no change from the original screen which lists the files and directories but prevents manipulation of the files.

AaronBakalar, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP

Open FTP site Via File Explorer

I use these steps:

To create a shortcut to open an FTP site in Windows Explorer

• Open Computer by clicking the Start button
      Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP [​IMG]
      , and then clicking Computer.

• Right-click anywhere in the folder, and then click Add a Network Location.

• This displays the Add Network Connection wizard. Click Next.

• In the wizard, select Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.

• Enter the name of the FTP site, with the full FTP:// in front of it, and then click Next.

• To use a name and password, clear the Log on anonymously check box. Type a user name, and then click Next.

• By default, the name of the shortcut is the same as the FTP address. If you want to give the shortcut a different name, type it in the Type a name for this network location box. Click Next.

• If you do not want the FTP site to open after you're done setting up the shortcut, clear the Open this network location when I click Finish check box. Click Finish. A shortcut to
      the FTP site appears in the Computer folder. You can drag that shortcut to your desktop so that it's easy to find later.

I use my phone as FTP server and connect to PC via Router.

These step working perfectly in WIn7. But since i upgraded to Win10. I am not able to open the FTP site into File Explorer. FTP site opening perfectly in Browser. I also tried View> Open FTP in File Explorer. But nothing happened after clicking that link
    option.

ThunderStrom, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP

1. Prevent Caching Window File Explorer FTP - Similar Threads - Prevent Caching Window

2. Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config: I'm running a streaming server now, using nginx to ingest from OBS studio and write an .m3u8 and .ts files to IIS server directory. I've added MIME type .m3u8 to get it to work.Initially I found that browser caching was preventing the stream from playing anything but the same...
  3. Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Caching of Specific Files in IIS 10--Help with Code in web.config: I'm running a streaming server now, using nginx to ingest from OBS studio and write an .m3u8 and .ts files to IIS server directory. I've added MIME type .m3u8 to get it to work.Initially I found that browser caching was preventing the stream from playing anything but the same...
  4. Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.: I am using Windows 10 Pro version 2004. I used to open FTP in File Explorer about 2-3 months ago I am not sure about the version of Windows at that moment. But today when I paste the FTP address into address bar of File Explorer, the link opened in IE instead. All my...
  5. FTP No Longer in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FTP No Longer in Explorer: So a few of my modded consoles use FTP. I prefer managing them through Windows Explorer, which worked for sometime. However, it has stopped working. Each time I attempt to open an FTP site, it pops-up with "How do you want to open this?". Googling has turned up several with...
  6. Windows 10 file caching - how to prevent it!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file caching - how to prevent it!!!!: Hi, I assume that my windows version number is Windows 10 and not the Windows build number..... I am just transferring stuff from my Windows 7 laptop to my new windows 10 desktop. I have a batch file that automatically selects various directories before running a base...
  7. Files cached?

Files cached?: I have written a fair number of .BAT files to do things on my computer. The .BAT file may create a file by redirecting the output of one command (such as DIR >>output.txt) and then tries to read that file, but the command to process the file gets an error "The process cannot...
  8. ftp session in file explorer windows 10 LOGOUT LOGOFF

ftp session in file explorer windows 10 LOGOUT LOGOFF: How can I logout or logoff an ftp session in file explorer windows 10. All the help I've received from Microsoft Support AND from Google searches tells me how to setup and logon but not how to logoff or logout. Thanks, Glenn...
  9. FTP Access through File Explorer

FTP Access through File Explorer: I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address. Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then try to open a file it won't open in anything but Chrome which then displays a blank page. I can't open a text file or a jpg or...
  10. Thumbnail Cache - Prevent Windows from Deleting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thumbnail Cache - Prevent Windows from Deleting: Hey guys, just made the upgrade from Win7 and I am wondering how to do this as the title suggests, I remember there being such a thing to do this here over at the sevenforums but this method is no longer working for Windows 10, so I am wondering if someone can please help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer disable caching

2. nu vot