Windows 10: Prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can you please advise me how I can prevent my child from accessing the Microsoft Store completely? I have set an age limit to block inappropriate... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FranziskaS1, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store

Can you please advise me how I can prevent my child from accessing the Microsoft Store completely?

I have set an age limit to block inappropriate apps, games and media and have also enabled adult approval for purchases but unfortunately, this does nothing to hinder the download of free apps. I wish to completely restrict the ability to download from the Microsoft Store.

Thank you.

:)

FranziskaS1, Jun 16, 2019

2. How to prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store using a PIN password on Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Using Microsoft account you can access and download the apps from Windows Store. Using local user account, you can access Windows Store but will not be able to download any apps/games.

If you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile, you will configure your account password with all the features that requires Microsoft account password like Cortana, Windows Store, etc.

Method 1: To not use or download any apps from the store when your child is accessing,
    Sign out from the application by following the steps below and sign in when you want to download any apps from
    Windows Store.

• Open Windows Store app and click on the user icon located on the top right hand side of the window.
    • Select the user name and click on Sign out.
    • Close the Windows Store, open it again and check if you are logged out of the Microsoft Account in Windows Store.
    • Next time to sign in, open Windows Store, click on the add user icon located at the top right hand side of the window.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: You can also create a Local
    user account by referring to
    Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article for your child where in Store can be accessed but cannot download any apps or games on the computer.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 16, 2019
  3. jujutt Win User
    How to prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store using a PIN password on Windows 10.

Original Title: how to prevent windows store purchases with password(not pin)?

My child uses PIN to log into Surface 3, but the windows store also will use this default sign-in option, how can I set up the windows store app to check for password(unknown to my child) instead of PIN?

jujutt, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store

Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store

1. Prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Prevent child accessing

2. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  3. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  4. How can child accounts be prevented from installing apps from the Microsoft Store without...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can child accounts be prevented from installing apps from the Microsoft Store without...: I'm asking how to stop apps being installed by child accounts. Is there a way to just stop child accounts being able to install anything without authorisation from a parent account first? These are child accounts. They do not have admin status. In any case, child...
  5. Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing

Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing: My child is able to remove themselves from our Microsoft Family monitoring making the restrictions we set useless. Is there a way to prevent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-how-to-prevent-child-from/c3b43da6-ee69-4a65-978d-cd05236b2fe5
  6. Preventing Installing Microsoft Store Apps for Child Accounts

Preventing Installing Microsoft Store Apps for Child Accounts: I've researched this pretty thoroughly and there are several posts already about it. The other posts I think are pretty clear about what they're trying to achieve but it seems that the responses don't understand the current Windows ecosystem and tools available ex:...
  7. Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students: I had the Microsoft Store blocked by using registry entries. Lately that has become ineffective. I am using Win10 PRO-2004. I have used: Code: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore\AutoDownload = 2...
  8. Microsoft Store Prevents Installing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Prevents Installing Games: I just got the game pass for pc (beta), then started installing all my other games that I was interested in. Then the last game "Cluster Truck" I tried to download but the store show me a circle with a slash to me. If anyone knows a solution please tell me!...
  9. How can I prevent my child from downloading free apps in the Microsoft Store?

How can I prevent my child from downloading free apps in the Microsoft Store?: I have my son set up with a Microsoft account associated with my family, and I have enabled parental controls on his account. I have marked the setting that should require parental consent for him to "buy" things from the store. However, this doesn't prevent him from...
  10. How to prevent child accounts from making purchases on Windows Store

How to prevent child accounts from making purchases on Windows Store: Is there anyway to prevent a child's account from making purchases from the Windows Store? I asked the MS Community for help but the only response I received was to "remove the account from the family". If I do this, then they are no longer able to log into the computer. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent microsoft store child account

2. prevent child from accessing windows markwt

3. prevent children to install from microsoft store