Windows 10: Prevent Chrome desktop shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Prevent Chrome desktop shortcut in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I install Chrome, it puts a shortcut on the Desktop. I prefer it Pinned to the Start Menu to keep the Desktop clean looking. Problem is whenever a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kenglong, May 2, 2016.

1. kenglong Win User

Prevent Chrome desktop shortcut in Windows 10

When I install Chrome, it puts a shortcut on the Desktop. I prefer it Pinned to the Start Menu to keep the Desktop clean looking. Problem is whenever a new user logs into the machine, the desktop shortcut is added by default. How can I prevent this?

:)

kenglong, May 2, 2016

2. Some icons of desktop shortcuts gone blank in Windows 10 PC .

This is too simple!! All of my shortcuts in the Windows 10 desktop have become white or blank. These are ONLY the shortcuts which normally have the Chrome Icon.

Simply, re-install Chrome over top of the existing Chrome.

Problem fixed!! No more white icons. All are back to the Chrome icons.

Fred--In--Tamarac, May 2, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 2, 2016
  4. Prevent Chrome desktop shortcut in Windows 10

You can remove it
    By right clicking on it
    Then Click Delete
    It will remove the shortcut but not the program
    Hope that helps

If it does not place an app on the start Menu
    Then you can go to the all Apps
    Right click on it then more in there you should find what you want

hTconeM9user, May 2, 2016
  5. Plankton Win User
    I create a new folder in my "Documents" folder and call it "Desktop Icons". Then I just move any icons that are created on the desktop to the newly created icon folder.

Plankton, May 2, 2016
  6. kenglong Win User
    There are many machines that I administer in my organization. Many different users might log onto a particular machine. Each time a new user logs on they get a default profile that includes the Chrome desktop icon. I want to prevent that desktop icon from appearing at all for new users.

kenglong, May 2, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    Are they all Windows 10 Pro?
    If yes, you can use Group Policy to administrate your decision. Otherwise, go through Regedit.

Are the machines part of a domain?
    If yes, you can use the Domain to control what ever features you want to enable or disable!

snoopy51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Prevent Chrome desktop shortcut in Windows 10

1. Prevent Chrome desktop shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Prevent Chrome desktop

2. Prevent Windows from automatically creating desktop shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from automatically creating desktop shortcut?: Hi there,Is it possible to prevent desktop shortcuts from automatically being created when installing a new app? Old Windows versions provided that option during installation but I haven't seen it so far for anything I've installed. Preferably I would like to be able to set...
  3. Prevent Windows from automatically creating desktop shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows from automatically creating desktop shortcut?: Hi there,Is it possible to prevent desktop shortcuts from automatically being created when installing a new app? Old Windows versions provided that option during installation but I haven't seen it so far for anything I've installed. Preferably I would like to be able to set...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop shortcuts: When I try to create a shortcut on the desktop for a file or folder I get an error message:"Windows couldn't create the shortcut. Check to see whether the disk is full."Is there a fix for this? I have done a sfc scan and all system files are fine....
  5. windows 10 desktop shortcuts

windows 10 desktop shortcuts: intermittent problem. i need to click on a desktop shortcut numerous times before the page opens,, for example yahoo. any ideas as to what is causing this problem? thanx...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts: Can I make my windows 10 pc desktop shortcut labels bold? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-shortcuts/cfead4c0-8722-44ef-8915-543998442adf
  7. Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop

Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop: First of all - Really stupid from microsoft forum/admins of forum is that: Locking the thread which never got solved. For me - I did not find solution for this problem via the topic which was already made out there, so I just copy pasted the tittle and made this new topic....
  8. prevent deletion of desktop or taskbar shortcuts

prevent deletion of desktop or taskbar shortcuts: Hi. I have a Windows 10 home PC where I need to prevent users from deleting or changing shortcuts on the desktop or taskbar. I will settle for not deleting them if I am asking for too much. I have implemented an Admin Account and a standard user account. People are only...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts

Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts: Good afternoon, A site specific shortcut is a unique shortcut for a website that is created when you click on Create shortcut in IE 11. I have Windows 10. When I changed my Default Browser from IE11 to Edge some of my Desktop Shortcuts changed from site specific...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Chrome Stop desktop shortcut

2. how to prevent create desktop shortcut chrome

3. prevent chrome desktop icon

4. prevent chrome desktop shortcut,
  5. Prevent Chrome desktop shortcut in Windows 10,
  6. how to prevent Google chrome installation win 10 pro,
  7. prevent chrome desktop shortcut for new users