Windows 10: Prevent Chrome Plugin Uninstallation

Discus and support Prevent Chrome Plugin Uninstallation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using an extension in Chrome that blocks certain websites. It works fine and the settings are password protected, but no password is required to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Starker, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Starker Win User

Prevent Chrome Plugin Uninstallation

I am using an extension in Chrome that blocks certain websites. It works fine and the settings are password protected, but no password is required to uninstall the extension. This obviates its function because it can be removed, unblocking the sites with two clicks.

I have not been able to find a website blocking extension that requires a password to uninstall so I assume that this is not possible. People use these website blockers so there must be some other way to prevent them from being uninstalled. How can I do this with Chrome?

:)

Starker, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Midnite8 Win User
    Chrome Plugin Problems

Hey guys, I am having problems installing plugins to Chrome. Right now I am trying to install Java and Divx Webplayer but they simply aren't installing. After completing the setup, I still get the notification to install them. I have tried to re-install Chrome but that didn't work either. When looking under Chrome : Plugins I do not see either of them in there.

Midnite8, Sep 5, 2019
  4. khanmein Win User

How to choose the plugin i wish to play in Chrome?

previously, i was able choose the flash i wish to play with right-click to run the plugin content but now it auto-play with audio working good but no video playing in Football News and Scores - ESPN FC & there's no selection to choose after right-click.

chrome v52.0.2743.116 m (64-bit)

chrome://settings > privacy > content settings > plugins > let me choose when to run plugin content

literally, i need to select "detect and run important plugin content (recommended)" so that the video is playing properly.

any suggestion? thanks.

khanmein, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Prevent Chrome Plugin Uninstallation - Similar Threads - Prevent Chrome Plugin

2. Uninstall chrome browswer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall chrome browswer?: Switching browser to Edge in Lenovo Ideapad but I can't seem to uninstall chrome browser...what am I doing wrong? Thanks, I hope https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-chrome-browswer/e1c6475c-96b1-4b5d-9cff-d7b514581be0
  3. Uninstall chrome browswer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall chrome browswer?: Switching browser to Edge in Lenovo Ideapad but I can't seem to uninstall chrome browser...what am I doing wrong? Thanks, I hope https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-chrome-browswer/e1c6475c-96b1-4b5d-9cff-d7b514581be0
  4. Uninstall chrome browswer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Plugins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plugins: Hi I installed all Windows Media player plugins in Windows 10 that I could find on Microsoft Website yesterday. Some are good... Others not or gets blocked by defender from accessing some folders and gets disabled. I can not remove them from the options menu and plugins...
  6. Uninstall Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall Google Chrome: How do you uninstall google chrome when I try, it says I have to turnoff all google apps. when none are turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-google-chrome/7061abc6-7e6e-44cf-bd38-1fbce5c982e1
  7. Windows Defender Plugin for Chrome?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Plugin for Chrome?: Just the other day or so, I stumbled onto this plugin. Windows Defender Browser Protection - Chrome Web Store How well does this offer protection compared to Chrome's Safe Browsing feature? 145200
  8. Google Chrome Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Uninstall: I can't uninstall Google chrome when I try a message keeps popping up saying I "Need to close all pages open in Google Chrome" before it will uninstall and I have nothing open?...
  9. plugins

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    plugins: I got a message when I wanted to watch an episode that "This plugin is not supported". Where do I get free download for plugin for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/plugins/54bded07-8cda-4f72-985c-6272cd2c8326
  10. How to choose the plugin i wish to play in Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    How to choose the plugin i wish to play in Chrome?: previously, i was able choose the flash i wish to play with right-click to run the plugin content but now it auto-play with audio working good but no video playing in Football News and Scores - ESPN FC & there's no selection to choose after right-click. chrome...