Windows 10: Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"?

Discus and support Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press Windows + P then choose PC Screen Only, it switches to the HDMI on my motherboard; which is the CPU integrated graphics. There are two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by I1xXJxJXx1I, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"?

When I press Windows + P then choose PC Screen Only, it switches to the HDMI on my motherboard; which is the CPU integrated graphics. There are two problems with this.

1: When I open Display Settings while the Windows + P is set to Extend, I have the integrated graphics monitor disabled. The monitor shouldn't have been switched accessible.

2: My main display in the Display Settings is set to be my middle monitor, not the integrated graphics monitor.

When switching to PC Screen Only, it gives the main display to the integrated graphics monitor. When I switch back to Extend, it gives the main display setting back to my middle monitor. I want the middle monitor to be the monitor that keeps the main display setting.

How can I have it use the set main display when switching to PC Screen Only"

:)

I1xXJxJXx1I, Aug 5, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 5, 2019
  3. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Aug 5, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"?

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"?

1. Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"? - Similar Threads - Prevent CPU HDMI

2. How to set an HDMI output to audio only, or prevent things from going to that display tied...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set an HDMI output to audio only, or prevent things from going to that display tied...: I have an HDMI output that is connected to an audio receiver but not an actual display. How do I either tell windows that there is no display and that this is an audio only port, or prevent my mouse and windows from going to the display that windows creates for this...
  3. How to set an HDMI output to audio only, or prevent things from going to that display tied...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set an HDMI output to audio only, or prevent things from going to that display tied...: I have an HDMI output that is connected to an audio receiver but not an actual display. How do I either tell windows that there is no display and that this is an audio only port, or prevent my mouse and windows from going to the display that windows creates for this...
  4. One drive taking over my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive taking over my PC: Hi Please I would love some help.My Dell Laptop crashed and I had to reset everything. Prior to the crash I had the majority of my documents saved on the local hard drive.Now after the reset , One drive has “taken” over my laptop.I have items all over my desktop, my quick...
  5. Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.I want the DVI port to go to sleep and the HDMI port to stay active when the monitor is in sleep mode.I listen to music and watch movies through the HDMI port and...
  6. No sound over HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound over HDMI: Hi. I have a Dell optiplex 7010. [ATTACH] I have a Intel HD 4000 graphic card, with 2 Display Ports. I connected a "DP to HDMI" adapter to one DP, and an HDMI cable to an HDMI port of a Hitachi Smart TV. I installed the newer drivers, and in Device Manager I can see the...
  7. Windows Explorer is taking over CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer is taking over CPU: Windows Explorer increases it's CPU use about 1 or 2 times per minute. It freezes the mouse movement and makes it move in a jerky fashion. It also interrupts the video portion of YouTube music videos. Any suggestions?...
  8. Rogue Start screen takes over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rogue Start screen takes over: since last update, the Start screen takes over even when I want to go to another site, like email. And if they are open, when I try to move from one to another, Start shows up and shuts them down. I've tried turning off stuff under settings, but it still makes me lose work....
  9. Pc detect only HDMI sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc detect only HDMI sound: Today i bought a new monitor [Asus VG245] i connected it with my pc,everything good until i wanted to play some games when i realise that i can.t change the sound from hdmi monitor to my headsets or speaker cuz the windows day that they are not plugged in.After 1-2 hours with...
  10. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mail takes over the screen: I still have problems with Windows 10 mail taking over the screen, I can't shut down using the start button and if I uninstall it the screen goes crazy when I re-boot. Can I get rid of this unwanted app. I have run the latest update V1809 o/s build 17763.292 and it still...