Windows 10: Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"?

Discus and support Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press Windows + P then choose PC Screen Only, it switches to the HDMI on my motherboard; which is the CPU integrated graphics. There are two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by I1xXJxJXx1I, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"?

When I press Windows + P then choose PC Screen Only, it switches to the HDMI on my motherboard; which is the CPU integrated graphics. There are two problems with this.

1: When I open Display Settings while the Windows + P is set to Extend, I have the integrated graphics monitor disabled. The monitor shouldn't have been switched accessible.

2: My main display in the Display Settings is set to be my middle monitor, not the integrated graphics monitor.

When switching to PC Screen Only, it gives the main display to the integrated graphics monitor. When I switch back to Extend, it gives the main display setting back to my middle monitor. I want the middle monitor to be the monitor that keeps the main display setting.

How can I have it use the set main display when switching to PC Screen Only"

:)

I1xXJxJXx1I, Aug 5, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 5, 2019
  3. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Aug 5, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"?

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"?

1. Prevent CPU HDMI from taking over as "PC Screen Only"? - Similar Threads - Prevent CPU HDMI

2. Pc detect only HDMI sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc detect only HDMI sound: Today i bought a new monitor [Asus VG245] i connected it with my pc,everything good until i wanted to play some games when i realise that i can.t change the sound from hdmi monitor to my headsets or speaker cuz the windows day that they are not plugged in.After 1-2 hours with...
  3. CPU over-unning

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPU over-unning: Hi there, CPU is runnig very hard becuase of Service host: local system. It's a laptop and the windows is 10. I have not any particular antivirus, just the windows protection. What should I do?...
  4. Computer take over Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer take over Scam: Do NOT just uninstall ultraviewer.net. Restore to another date or you could try to uninstall the program in"safe mode". Restart computer and hit F8 till you get boot screen and boot to SAFE MODE. Owner of The Real McCoy Computer Service INC. Delaware. Next time don't be...
  5. HDMI video shows only screen saver

HDMI video shows only screen saver: I have an HBO app that plays on my computer, but when I connected HDMI port to my TV I get the audio but the picture is my screen saver. How do I get the video to work?...
  6. Windows 10 mail takes over the screen

Windows 10 mail takes over the screen: I still have problems with Windows 10 mail taking over the screen, I can't shut down using the start button and if I uninstall it the screen goes crazy when I re-boot. Can I get rid of this unwanted app. I have run the latest update V1809 o/s build 17763.292 and it still...
  7. Unable to prevent screen from locking

Unable to prevent screen from locking: I have tried different things on this Windows 10 but cannot do away with this feature that locks my screen every time I walk away from it (after how long I am unsure but only a matter of minutes). It is annoying to have to keep logging in. I am placing this in the...
  8. Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly: So I've had this problem with antimalwareexecutable for a long time so I decided to find a fix on it. I tried several fixes, including Firewall restarts, resets, malware cleaning, added it to the exclusion list, changed the schedule. Every single fix online that I could find,...
  9. Audio problem over HDMI

Audio problem over HDMI: Hi to everyone! I have this problem in last few month from a day when i install Win10 pro x64 (1511). I did not have this problem when i had Win7. When i want to watch on TV Panasonic ST50 i have problem with audio. Somehow Win10 always mess up drivers for audio after...
  10. asp.net machine account is taking over your PC

in Windows 10 Support
    asp.net machine account is taking over your PC: Hi there! It can happen - which is a scandal I think - that you´re deleting your admin-user profile (same in Win 7/8). It can be your bad or this can happen by installing certain programs. Then you´re not able to do anything with your OS (install/uninstall programs, use...