Windows 10: Prevent dead battery message?

Discus and support Prevent dead battery message? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My old Lenovo laptop is now used only to record TV shows off an antenna and is always plugged in. The battery died from old age a while back and I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RPmtl, Oct 26, 2017.

1. RPmtl Win User

Prevent dead battery message?

My old Lenovo laptop is now used only to record TV shows off an antenna and is always plugged in. The battery died from old age a while back and I get a Lenovo warning message in Windows 10 every time I boot the computer. The message is that the battery is dead due to normal use and cannot be charged (or something like that).

Does anyone know how I can disable that pop-up message? It's not a huge deal as it only pops up once when the system is booted. But it would be nice to disable whatever's creating it as a new $$ battery is not needed. Thanks for any help.

Russell

:)

RPmtl, Oct 26, 2017

2. 8801 WONT CHARGE! please help

When I plug my phone into the wall charger, it does not charge. I know the phone works but I fear the part of the phone that charges the battery is dead, is this possible? Both the outlet and the charger work fine with my other nokia phones. The phone
    has never gotten wet and has been dropped just once lightly. Could dropping it prevent the phone from charging the battery? Is the battery completely dead? Anyone else have this problem? PLEASE HELP

geoffpdx35, Oct 26, 2017
  3. LuisColon Win User
    Lumia 950 Loses ALL Battery Charge Overnight

950 completely drains the battery overnight every time, regardless of battery level. I've gone to bed with 100% battery and it does not seem to matter. I've tried several things such as preventing most apps from running on the background and forcing the
    phone to go on batter saver mode at 20%. No matter what I try, I wake up to a dead phone every morning if I don't plug it to the wall.

I am stomped by this.

LuisColon, Oct 26, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Can you pull the battery out....if you can that would be your best move and it prevent in corrosion damage.

Plankton, Oct 26, 2017
  5. RPmtl Win User
    I'll have to see if it boots without a battery. If so then I'll have to whittle a prosthesis to fill the gap.

RPmtl, Oct 26, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    If the message is from Lenovo then it's probably a bit of OEM software that runs at start-up. Look in Task Manager's Start-up tab and see if it's there, if so you could disable it.

7. RPmtl Win User
    Pulled the battery and it boots fine. I'll have to see if any new messages appear. It actually looks kind of 'sporty' with the gap behind the keyboard. THANK YOU for the workaround ;-)

RPmtl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Prevent dead battery message? - Similar Threads - Prevent dead battery

2. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead Battery and Troubleshooter: Apparently, my laptop has a dead battery. What I mean by that is that it'd shut down if I stopped charging it even for just a second. That's terrible I know. Any ideas?What is even more disgusting is the fact that the troubleshooter shows:...
  3. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Battery and Troubleshooter: Apparently, my laptop has a dead battery. What I mean by that is that it'd shut down if I stopped charging it even for just a second. That's terrible I know. Any ideas?What is even more disgusting is the fact that the troubleshooter shows:...
  4. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. hp battery is dead

hp battery is dead: CAN I PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY FOR MY HP desktop 9USU43L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-is-dead/5c45c76d-4d94-4b27-982e-d1bdb171f2a0
  6. hp battery is dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp battery is dead: CAN I PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY FOR MY HP desktop 9USU43L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-is-dead/5c45c76d-4d94-4b27-982e-d1bdb171f2a0
  7. hp battery is dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 11/Battery dead and not charging

Windows 11/Battery dead and not charging: I updated to Windows 11. BIG MISTAKE! Now, My laptop battery is dead and won't charge. I see lots of people had problems with the battery not charging, but my battery is dead and so none of those work for me. Will MS pay for a new battery for me since they broke my laptop?...
  9. Laptop Battery dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery dead: Hi Windows 10 A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer recognized that there was a battery as it always said it had 92% charge remaining but it would not charge. So first question is...
  10. Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery: Recently, onde of the updates failed error 0x8024004c, and the messege says that I need to have my battery charged at least 40%. Unfortunately, my PC's battery is dead, it doesn't charge anymore, and it only works while pluged. Is there any solution to make it update even...