Windows 10: Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

Discus and support Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Periodically, there is an Update of something that resets Edge and Windows and deletes my settings. How do I prevent this?EDGE: The settings I lose are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by giiancarlo, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

Periodically, there is an Update of something that resets Edge and Windows and deletes my settings. How do I prevent this?EDGE: The settings I lose are these - default search engine - search engine used for address bar - default home page when I open browser - default page when I open a new tab - deletion of default shortcuts, like to Walmart. They appear againWindows: What I lose are these - Removal of Store and Dell Optimizer from taskbar. They appear again - Removal of apps from my Start Menu. They appear again. E.g., I uninstalled Solitaire, Whatsapp, Spotify, etc. . They appear ag

:)

giiancarlo, Oct 7, 2022

2. How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Mike_Keys Win User

Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

Mike_Keys, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

1. Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting - Similar Threads - Prevent Edge resetting

2. Virus prevents me from resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus prevents me from resetting laptop: I recently clicked on what I thought was a safe link, however my computer has been acting up since then. Every now and then my wifi becomes useless, it says I’m connected but it doesn’t work, I tried connecting to other wifis but same problem and it works on my other devices....
  3. Ho to Prevent Edge from Starting at Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ho to Prevent Edge from Starting at Windows Startup: In my Task Manager>Start-Up I see an entry for 'Microsoft Edge.'I have found no way to turn this off with the exception of simply disabling it.I even deleted the entry from the Run in the registry. But upon restarting Windows, the entry is put back in.Is there a setting fore...
  4. Ho to Prevent Edge from Starting at Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ho to Prevent Edge from Starting at Windows Startup: In my Task Manager>Start-Up I see an entry for 'Microsoft Edge.'I have found no way to turn this off with the exception of simply disabling it.I even deleted the entry from the Run in the registry. But upon restarting Windows, the entry is put back in.Is there a setting fore...
  5. Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting: Periodically, there is an Update of something that resets Edge and Windows and deletes my settings. How do I prevent this?EDGE: The settings I lose are these - default search engine - search engine used for address bar - default home page when I open browser - default page...
  6. Preventing Edge From Auto-Launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing Edge From Auto-Launching: I keep deleting the MicrosoftEdgeAutoLaunch entry from the registry but it keeps getting put back.Please, don't tell me it has no impact on startup. True or not that excuse is too old.What if I allowed 10 programs run at startup with each having little impact. It adds up.How...
  7. How to prevent users from downloading files in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from downloading files in Edge: At times, you might not want to allow other users to download files on your computer. If you are using the Microsoft Edge browser, things are relatively straightforward. Here is how to prevent users from downloading files in the Edge browser. You can set the filter for...
  8. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  9. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  10. a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu

in Browsers and Email
    a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu: Sirs, I tried to type in rottentomatoes.com (a website of movie reviews) and must have mistyped something, because I got a web page warning me of an error, and then it greyed out all the browser, so I can't get at the menu to clear the cache and get rid of this obviously...