Windows 10: Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect

Discus and support Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I am planning to have a small internet cafe and want to prevent/hide them from opening Drive D which is for games. I enabled Prevent access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DW7EZV, Mar 19, 2020.

1. DW7EZV Win User

Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect

Hi!

I am planning to have a small internet cafe and want to prevent/hide them from opening Drive D which is for games. I enabled Prevent access to drives from My Computer and Hide these specified drives in My Computer on Local Group Policy Editor but I can still access the drive. Tried regedit, restarting pc, running gpupdate /force command but no to avail.

Need your advise.

Thank you!

Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect [​IMG]

:)

DW7EZV, Mar 19, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Mar 19, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect

1. Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect - Similar Threads - Prevent Hide drives

2. RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer": Dear all,Following GPO is in use for terminal servers:Hide these specified drives in My ComputerDrive c is hidden.Unfortunately the setting does not work completely and users are still able to view drive c.For example if you use MS Word and save a document. If the user...
  3. RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer": Dear all,Following GPO is in use for terminal servers:Hide these specified drives in My ComputerDrive c is hidden.Unfortunately the setting does not work completely and users are still able to view drive c.For example if you use MS Word and save a document. If the user...
  4. Effect of partitioning C drive on my windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Effect of partitioning C drive on my windows 10 computer: I have a windows 10 PC with following specs - Processor - Intel 7020U i3, 7th gen RAM - 4 GB HDD - 1 TB, DDR4 I want to know that if I divide my HDD into 2 equal sizes, will is boost orslowdown my PC's performance ?...
  5. drive issues on new computer preventing computer from upating anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive issues on new computer preventing computer from upating anything: I purchased my computer 7 months ago, and just in the last couple of days, I logged in and was unable to launch several games with an error that was popping up saying something about he driver not being found. I updated everything on my computer from storage controller driver...
  6. hide taskbar and prevent from showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hide taskbar and prevent from showing up: Hi, I usally hide the taskbar but some apps – telegram – make it riappear when I receive a notification. Do you know how to stop this behavior? submitted by /u/_kjb [link] [comments]...
  7. My taskbar won't hide

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar won't hide: Does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-wont-hide/23b5f399-9948-4564-9a37-e5c0d19bf630
  8. Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working

in Cortana
    Cortana preventing taskbar auto-hide from working: Hello This seems to be a new problem following the 2019-03 cumulative update for Win 10 1809. When taskbar auto-hide doesn't work, it's generally easy to find what's causing it like notifications calling for attention. Now my taskbar is constantly popping up and doing it...
  9. Prevent my computer from auto-powering external hard drives on boot up?

Prevent my computer from auto-powering external hard drives on boot up?: Hi there, I've noticed my external hard drives automatically power up when my computer does, and it then takes them a good half hour or more to eventually power down. Not a big deal, but it's annoying because they're noisy. I do access at least one of them regularly...
  10. A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this printer...

A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this printer...: Hi Support, I was using win 7 32 bit ultimate and installed printer with share all other computer like window 10 64 bit home single language then it is working fine. I have format & install win 7 64 bit ultimate and installed printer with share all other computer like...