Windows 10: Prevent icons from being added to desktop?

Discus and support Prevent icons from being added to desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep getting icons for Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc added to my desktop. Where can I disable this? Creating a schedule task to delete them isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BL2112, Apr 24, 2020.

1. BL2112 Win User

Prevent icons from being added to desktop?

I keep getting icons for Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc added to my desktop. Where can I disable this?

Creating a schedule task to delete them isn't a great option since they get added back a few minutes later.

version 1909 (build 18363.657)

:)

BL2112, Apr 24, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

How to prevent desktop icons from changing positions

Hi Stephen,

There are various reasons why you're experiencing the issue. Let us isolate your concern by enabling the
    Auto arrange icons option, and then disabling it to see if the issue will persist. To do this follow these steps:

• Go to the Desktop screen, and then right click anywhere.
    • Hover your mouse on View.
    • Select Auto arrange icons.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, check if your Desktop icons are still in the right position after clicking the
      Auto arrange icons option.
    • If your Desktop icons are in the right position, repeat steps 1-3 to disable the
      Auto arrange icons option.
    • Customize the position of your Desktop icons.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, check if the issue will occur.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Prevent icons from being added to desktop? - Similar Threads - Prevent icons being

2. Preventing a Work or School account from being added to a Windows 11 workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing a Work or School account from being added to a Windows 11 workstation: I'm not trying to remove an account; I've seen a LOT of posts regarding how to remove an account, but not how to then PREVENT someone from adding a Work or School accounts under Settings Accounts. I'm the Global Administrator in my organization and have a shared desktop that...
  3. Preventing a Work or School account from being added to a Windows 11 workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preventing a Work or School account from being added to a Windows 11 workstation: I'm not trying to remove an account; I've seen a LOT of posts regarding how to remove an account, but not how to then PREVENT someone from adding a Work or School accounts under Settings Accounts. I'm the Global Administrator in my organization and have a shared desktop that...
  4. How to prevent the desktop icons from moving

How to prevent the desktop icons from moving: Hello- Windows 11 Lenovo 14 inch laptop Many people have asked this question and are getting the wrong answer. Desktop Icons scatter when moving laptop to different monitor. The solutions that have been offered are not a fix. The instruction to right-click the blank spot on...
  5. How to prevent the desktop icons from moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent the desktop icons from moving: Hello- Windows 11 Lenovo 14 inch laptop Many people have asked this question and are getting the wrong answer. Desktop Icons scatter when moving laptop to different monitor. The solutions that have been offered are not a fix. The instruction to right-click the blank spot on...
  6. adding shortcut icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  7. adding shortcut icons to desktop

adding shortcut icons to desktop: How do I add my favorite icons to desktop? I just installed a windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-shortcut-icons-to-desktop/026cc788-7fe5-4b5d-ad68-083807619f82
  8. Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding icons to desktop in Windows 11: I am unable to add icons to the desktop. The only option is to add to taskbar. I the file explorer does not appear when I click on the application after clicking on a blank screen and then new. What am I doing wrong?...
  9. Adding a website with Icon to the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a website with Icon to the desktop: How do I add a website and Icon to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-website-with-icon-to-the-desktop/dd432917-3a72-4338-8a87-50547431dfd4
  10. How prevent from ads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How prevent from ads: Hello: My win10 installed build-in DEFEND, but every day there are ADS intrude in my PC。 How annoying! Anyway to prevent them out ? -- Zhao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-prevent-from-ads/a2b2e712-55a9-4113-88ac-58e70a7a9e43