Windows 10: Prevent kids from installing any software

Discus and support Prevent kids from installing any software in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do you prevent kids from installing any software regardless of it's age rating? I've restricted my son's account to ask permission before... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DKJN, Nov 29, 2019.

1. DKJN Win User

Prevent kids from installing any software

How do you prevent kids from installing any software regardless of it's age rating?

I've restricted my son's account to ask permission before purchasing, to restrict apps to below a 6 year old (I've now changed this to 3 year old) but I don't want him installing anything - surely there's an option.

With all of these restrictions, he has still been able to install HD player for youtube, another youtube player and vidmate. There is something seriously wrong with content restriction when this is able to occur.

I can go in and block these apps, but only after he has already installed them. As long as Microsoft allow this, he will keep trying. Although the content he is trying to view might be innocent, what can appear on these apps is certainly not.

Please help

:)

2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Nov 29, 2019
  3. AndySteck Win User
    Windows Phone 8 - Kids Corner Backdoor to Internet

• Is there a way to dissable access to Internet Explorer entirely from within Kids Corner?
    This way if a game has a link to a webpage or youtube video the kid pressing that button can't get to it.

I will post the suggestion at the feature suggestions page. But to me this sounds more like a flaw in the Kids Corner coding and should be patched.

• Is there another forum I should post to in order to raise additional awareness?

AndySteck, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Prevent kids from installing any software - Similar Threads - Prevent kids installing

2. TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares: Hello, I have been experiencing issues with saving files from some software.When trying to save any file like .csv from LibreOffice or .bmp from Paint I am getting this error:"C:\Untitled.bmpYou don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to...
  3. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I prevent standard users from installing software?: Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the...
  4. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent standard users from installing software?: Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the...
  5. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to prevent my kids from bypassing microsoft family and kids safe appliaction

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent my kids from bypassing microsoft family and kids safe appliaction: My kids are very easily able to bypass Microsoft family and kids safe application,By these ways.Can I prevent my kidsv from bypass kids applications in windows.These are some of the way he is doing so 1.As he is using HP laptop,he can simply use hp troubleshoot to stop safe...
  7. Windows PIN prevents software installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows PIN prevents software installation: I had signed in with my Microsoft account and set up a pin however I didn't like using Windows that way for my desktop computer so I switched back to sign on using a local account and removed the pin. This is working fine for normal sign in but when I try to install new...
  8. Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software

Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software: I have one user on a Win 10 Pro machine who seems to be able to bypass attempts to prevent them from installing games on their PC. They are a standard user with no admin access. When they try to update software such as antivirus, the system demands that they have admin...
  9. Not able to install any software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to install any software: Hi, I am not able to install geforce experience and kaspersky internet security on my pc from the last 1903 update. I have already tried a system restore but to no avail. Please Help :( OS: Win 10 Home 64-bit Processor: Intel i5-4600 GPU: Nvidia GTX 960...
  10. Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation

Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation: I'm constantly running into problems installing new versions of Assimilate Scratch because of idiotic windows defender glitches. Sheer idiocy like not being able to run an installer, even in admin mode. This is unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. Fix the piece of garbage...